Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video: PSN Go PlayStation Network iPhone & iPod Touch PS3 App

Quite awhile back we reported on a PS3 iTrophies iPhone PS3 Trophy application, and today MyGadgetNews.com (linked above) has announced the arrival of PSN Go which brings Sony's PlayStation Network to Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch.

According to the app's author Juan Xavier Larrea, PSN Go is designed for hardcore PS3 gamers and iPhone owners that retrieves your PlayStation Network friends stats such as their level and progress, online status, avatars, latest games, trophies and much more.

Currently the PSN Go application is on version 1.1.2 offering numerous UI improvements and several bug fixes and is $1.99 on the http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/psn-go/id381572598?mt=8.

Finally, a demo video and feature listing for the PlayStation Network and PS3 app dubbed PSN Go for iPhone / iPod Touch are available below for those interested.

PSN Go Main Features:

-Sign in securely using your PSN credentials. PSN Go automatically retrieves your friends.
    -An organized Friends List. Grouped by status (Online, Offline, etc.)
    -Gamer Profile and details including level, bio, gamercard, avatar, trophy count etc.
    -Check your friends complete games history.
    -Compare your level and trophies in the Leaderboard.
    -Compare individual locked and unlocked trophies.
    -EXCLUSIVE - Complete games catalog including game details and screenshots.
    -EXCLUSIVE - Gamercard coverflow style carrousel on landscape mode.
    -High resolution graphics for the iPhone 4
    -PSN Go is the fastest PlayStation Network app available for the iPhone.

More PlayStation 3 News...

It's now available via Installous also

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    It's now available via Installous also
    I just downloaded this app from installous and when i entered my e-mail and password it said "your account has been suspended for 2 hours for using a pirated version of PSN Go, try again in 2 hours using a legal app from itunes store."

Quote Originally Posted by vale123 View Post
    I just downloaded this app from installous and when i entered my e-mail and password it said "your account has been suspended for 2 hours for using a pirated version of PSN Go, try again in 2 hours using a legal app from itunes store."
    Really? That's hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by vale123 View Post
    Yeah happened to me too, so I just said screw it and bought the app. My main use is seeing who's online before I turn on my PS3. PSN Go app doesn't seem to refresh as I've tried logging in on another PSN account on my PS3 to see if the app would show I was online and it didn't, even after pressing the refresh button many times. Not sure what the deal is with that. PS3 iTrophies app seems to more accurate (or refresh more often) than the PSN Go app. You can get the PS3 iTrophies cracked and it works. While PSN Go app has a nicer gui I would still recommend PS3 iTrophies if I had to choose just 1 app.

Unhappy

I will need android support :-(

Arrow

PS3 iTrophies demo video:

Question

Where do they read the information from? Is there a way to access psn servers to retrieve psn profile info?

The information its getting is just screen scraping from the website - there is no API available to retrieve it. Its a pretty lame way to do it. Both PSN Go and iTrophies do this - just run Wireshark if you don't believe me I was trying to build a similar application in .Net.

I also got that pirated msg.. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by mukumuku View Post
    Where do they read the information from? Is there a way to access psn servers to retrieve psn profile info?
    If you go onto www.playstation.com and sign in using the button on the top right corner you can see your info as well this is how they get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast