Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PS3's New 3D Mode, Coming in 2010 to All Existing Games

Sponsored Links
    Today Engadget (linked above) was able to test out Wipeout HD on Sony's PlayStation 3 being played in 3D, and managed to record a video of it below.

To quote: "Especially for something like Wipeout HD, whose neon-infused tracks make for an almost too convenient example of rapidly approaching vanishing points, we'd say 3D could really be a quasi-"killer app" for consoles going forward - especially if those fancy new motion controllers don't catch on for Microsoft and Sony.

In many ways, 3D just seems to make more sense in a video game than for a movie, and the whole problem of finding content to deliver in the format has already been solved: a software update for the PS3 sometime in 2010 will enable it to provide a 3D viewing experience to "all" existing games on the system.

We're sure there will be some exceptions, but it sounds very promising. The console itself pumps out a quite regular signal over HDMI, which the TV syncs up with your 3D glasses. A 200Hz TV, for instance, alternates 1080p frames, with 100Hz for each eye.

Of course, you'll need a brand new TV, but at least it won't be restricted to just Sony televisions."

Video: PS3's New 3D Mode, Coming in 2010 to All Existing Games

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sweet, now I can finally remove my 3d program on my PC, less software makes me happy

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yea right Sony is full of crap. I'm supposed to believe a company that can't release in-game chat can pull this off yea right lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicodude908 View Post
    yea right Sony is full of crap. I'm supposed to believe a company that can't release in-game chat can pull this off yea right lol
    You didnt see the news about why they can release in-game chat? Supposedly has to do with a big company whose games would not be compatible making noise.

Anyway, they had a working video of it so why would it not happen?

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    You didnt see the news about why they can release in-game chat? Supposedly has to do with a big company whose games would not be compatible making noise.

Anyway, they had a working video of it so why would it not happen?
    They show videos of games that don't come out, and software that never develops and you know how much stuff they need for this first they need widespread 3d tvs so lets get to that first and they need to be affortable so its not gonna happen until ps4 if they want it.

All I wanna know is will it work with the 3d glasses for my new 73 inch 3d ready Mitsubishi tv if so then cool I'll buy the glasses & emitter if not then I'm bummed because I'll never be using this until maybe 10 years from now when my tv dies & I gotta buy a new one.

I just feel like their investment in this sort of thing isn't going to pay off. They need to stop wasting resources (especially on something that most people won't even be able to use until next generation; when a wider percentage of televisions support it).

Edit: Mexicodude beat me to it.

Heres another type of 3D that gives a good example of the benefits. Altought this uses a completely different way to accomplish it.

Last edited by zendor; 09-05-2009 at 04:53 AM Reason: making better link

Big Grin

I am looking forward to this!

Been done

It's already been done by Nvidia for PC so its nothing new.

Link: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News