Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PS3 Slim Bootscreen, Coming in PS3 Firmware 3.0?

Sponsored Links
    Shortly following the PlayStation 3 Slim Teardown from earlier today comes a video of the new PS3 Slim's bootscreen.

It incorporates the new PlayStation 3 Slim font logo, and speculation has begun that it may be included in the PS3 Firmware 3.0 update that is scheduled to arrive on September 1, 2009.

If it's true, the question remains: Why in that version? Unless perhaps a core file changed... time will tell.

Those interested can check out the video below, courtesy of bichtri via YouTube.

Video: PS3 Slim Bootscreen, Coming in PS3 Firmware 3.0?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well thats obviously 3.0, the background theme is animated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    very intresting, maybe it's got faster Cpu's inside and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    Well thats obviously 3.0, the background theme is animated.
    The odd thing is, it's from a PS3 Slim but JoyStiq reported they didn't come with 3.0

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...tml#post269170

If anyone here picked up a PS3 Slim yet, which Firmware comes shipped on it?

I believe they shipped with 2.8. I'm 100% sure they did not ship with 3.0, however.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    The odd thing is, it's from a PS3 Slim but JoyStiq reported they didn't come with 3.0

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...tml#post269170

If anyone here picked up a PS3 Slim yet, which Firmware comes shipped on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlingOnMyWrist View Post
    I believe they shipped with 2.8. I'm 100% sure they did not ship with 3.0, however.
    Definitely strange then. 2.8 has a hidden animated theme feature? Or is it that animated themes aren't necessarily tied to the firmware and just contain different elements? Would be interesting if a theme was found that was animated and could be applied now to actually work on the fat ps3s.

This slim should provide some new exploit ideas to be tested. Just hope i dont have to buy a slim to get a hacked ps3

Lightbulb

I'm just wondering if PS3 Slim consoles come with an intermediary Firmware, kinda how Sony did for some of the PSP packages.

They didn't include Firmware that was released as updates, but versions numbered slightly higher... for example, maybe the Slim comes with 2.82 or something.

I suppose until someone replies who actually owns a PS3 Slim we won't know for certain.

Well, I use the original theme that the PS3 comes with, mine is a 40GB SKU on 2.70 still. The background is animated at the XMB for the original background. Just the oscillating wave.

hehe thats true!

Them mentioning animated themes and not noticing that animated default theme fooled me
    So is animated themes really a feature of the firmware then? And why didnt these guys check the firmware version after booting the ps3? that would be pretty easy would it not?

PS3 Slim 3.0?

I received my ps3 slim as of yesterday 25th, and when I went to see if it was up to date it said that 2.80 was available, so I hope that answered your questions.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News