Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: PlayStation 3 - Physics Effects SDK is Demonstrated

Sponsored Links
    Last week we profiled videos of Sony's Voice Recognition and Image Enlargement in the PS3 SDK.

Today, courtesy of DigInfo.tv (linked above) we have a video demonstrating Physics Effects from the PlayStation 3 SDK below.

To quote: "At CEDEC 2009, Sony Computer Entertainment exhibited the Physics Effects SDK. The Physics Effects SDK is a physics simulation engine optimized for the Cell Broadband Engine, which is provided as part of the PlayStation 3 SDK.

Because the Physics Effects SDK is optimized for PlayStation 3, it can do physics simulations very fast, even though they are considered to impose a very high computing load.

This could expand developers' scope to include even more complex physical phenomena and mechanisms in games."

Video: PlayStation 3 - Physics Effects SDK is Demonstrated

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This can become a standard physics effect library for the ps3. Real nice, would love to see games using this library as a base for the physics.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its nice indeed !

But the walls disappear and then crumble ... so there is still a lot of work to be done.

Hmmm It's nice.

But Nvidia PhysicsX promised something similar didn't it? i've played several PhysicsX games but I never saw any walls shattering like they have shown at the demonstration video.

It's very nice.. the effects are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Preceptor View Post
    Hmmm It's nice.

But Nvidia PhysicsX promised something similar didn't it? i've played several PhysicsX games but I never saw any walls shattering like they have shown at the demonstration video.
    Nvidia PhysX only works with Nvidia cards on PC, although it could be implemented on the PS3 but it would require a lot of work and in the end it would have a lot of bugs, so it's easier for a company like this to release all new program altogether.

Personally I never found the Nvidia PhysX implementation to be all that revolutionary since hardly any games use it.

Yep mate, what I meant was, they promised somethings like shattering walls and stuff like this ps3 sdk for the NVidia PhysX. I own a Nvidia card, a 8800 GTX to be more precise, and my pc is quite capable of handling PhysX and I never saw any of those cool effects that were announced.

So I'm quite skeptical...

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News