Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: Naughty Dog Reveals The Last of Us for PS3 at 2011 VGAs

Sponsored Links
    Naughty Dog Co-President Evan Wells has revealed The Last of Us, exclusively for PS3, at 2011 VGAs today with a PlayStation 3 video trailer below!

To quote: Videos have been flying around all week about a new PS3 exclusive called [Register or Login to view links].

It was [Register or Login to view links] at this year's VGAs and we're very excited to confirm that The Last of Us is developed by Naughty Dog Inc, the creators behind the UNCHARTED, Jak and Daxter, and Crash Bandicoot series.

Neil Druckmann, Creative director and Bruce Straley, Game Director chime in below to divulge what The Last of Us is all about.

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind.

Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

We hope this teaser trailer has whet your appetite. We're excited we can finally begin to peel back the curtain on The Last of Us and discuss how we've been working as a two team studio.

Below is the official Press Release:

Sony Computer Entertainment America ANNOUNCES THE LAST OF US, A NEW PLAYSTATION 3 EXCLUSIVE DEVELOPED BY NAUGHTY DOG

LOS ANGELES, December 10, 2011 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC announced today The Last of Us, a new franchise created exclusively for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Developed by Naughty Dog, the creators of the highly acclaimed and best-selling UNCHARTED series, The Last of Us was unveiled in a world premiere trailer at the Spike TV 2011 Video Game Award Show.

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

“We are excited to finally unveil The Last of Us, a project the team has been working hard on for some time,” said Evan Wells, Co-President of Naughty Dog. “Naughty Dog’s mission is to change the way people experience videogames. We are confident The Last of Us will take a leap forward in cinematic gaming and storytelling, providing gamers with an experience unlike anything else in the industry.”

The Last of Us is developed by some of the industry most talented game designers including Bruce Straley, game director, and Neil Druckmann, creative director. Naughty Dog advanced to the forefront of the videogame industry in 1996 with the successful introduction of Crash Bandicoot on the original PlayStation.

The developer extended the franchise with Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and Crash Team Racing, selling 22 million copies worldwide and led to Naughty Dog being the most successful video game developer in the United States for that console generation. The team then created the Jak and Daxter franchise including Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, Jak 3 and Jak X: Combat Racing.

All four of titles are PlayStation 2 “Greatest Hits”. In 2007 the team released UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and followed with UNCHARTED2: Among Thieves and the recent November launch of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception. Having currently sold over 13 million units worldwide, the UNCHARTED franchise represents some of the most impressive graphics, sound and processing capabilities found on PS3.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Freaking epic.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Another MASTERPIECE from Naughty Dog Inc ?

Simply WOW !!! Looks very polished and nice texture.

this looks amazing! now we need some in-game footage to see how it really looks. it's a shame it took developers this long to get this much out of the ps3. hopefully the ps4 development learning curve will be much less time consuming.

It is, in-game.

If you mean "gameplay" which is totally different, i agree.

Looks like it's set to go head to head against the new tomb raider if it's for Q4 2012

From the photos it seems another great masterpiece signed ND! Awesome!

When I played UC3 I thinked: why do talentous ND guys release UC series only one every two years? Now I see this game and I'm happy.
    From video trailer I can see same graphics of UC3 cutscenes, so it will be another great game.

Just a joke: if all ps3 games were developed by ND I think no one would buy a console different from ps3.

seems like a bit of "I am Legend"... hahaha looks great

yeah I was thinking the exact same thing. There have been many different takes on that story over the years. "The last man on earth", "I am omega", " I am legend" and "The Omega Man".

With the fungus zombie creatures and then running out into a street that's been taken back by the earth... It's interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CS67700 View Post
    It is, in-game.

If you mean "gameplay" which is totally different, i agree.
    by "in-game" i mean footage that is not pre-rendered. almost every video game trailer you see is pre-rendered and not in-game footage.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News