Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: ModNation Racers PS3: Bringing Back the Split-Screen

Sponsored Links
    Today United Front Games Designer Mat Thomas has shared details, including hints of custom soundtracks coming, alongside a video dubbed ModNation Racers PS3: Bringing Back the Split-Screen.

To quote: There are two multiplayer experiences that we were keen to deliver in ModNation Racers.

First, there was the online race experience (up to 12 players), while the second was the couch racing experience.

It is hard to beat the multiplayer experience on the couch against friends - I think we can all remember this experience from other games we have enjoyed, and we were keen to make sure we delivered the same frantic experience for ModNation Racers.

We wanted to make sure we delivered two-player split-screen. From the start, we wanted our two-player split-screen to work online. [Register or Login to view links] enables you and a friend to go online and play the game together.

This makes for intense competition and a lot of fun! Do you play together, helping each other out or do you take your friend out at every available opportunity? You can play action races and pure races together.

More importantly, two players can play together on any tracks developed by United Front Games or anyone online. It makes for an almost endless experience that two players can enjoy together.

Finally, we decided to deliver the four-player couch experience. This was a lot of work, but we have managed to create a great experience where four friends can settle down for some great kart racing.

What we have delivered is a fantastic local multiplayer experience reminiscent of some of our best local multiplayer play sessions from years gone by.

Sit down with friends and family and battle each other to see who the best is! Again, you can play action or pure race, as well as race on any tracks in the game created by United Front Games or other players.

Overall, our multiplayer experience has been created to cater to all different players, and we feel that when people play the game they will be able to get the experience they desire.

Here in the office, we all play it on a daily basis with each other, whether it be online or at someone's desk in split-screen. The game is so much fun to play and with us nearing completion of the title, we can't wait for all our fans to join the ModNation in May!

And be sure to head over to [Register or Login to view links] to catch the first four official behind-the-scenes videos! See you all then!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the "couch split-screen" is awesome to have in a game like this! kind of reminds me of mario kart 64, the last "kart" game that i played. whenever i played a game like this with friends, i definitely took them out every chance that i got. i really like the whole concept of this "xxxx, create, share" genre that has started recently, and the split-screen availability has perked up my interest in modnation racers.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I totaly agree with you it is an awesome idea and its what makes racing games fun bringing people back for more. Also you can compete on your friends levels so why your showing them your the best racer you can also show your the best track builder. Which in turn give you a home field advantage when playing on your track wich no other racing game has.

Lastly I know people will say that move copied wii and that motion controles are the wii's innovation and that xbox has tons of shooters and natal but what niether system has is the play share and create feature which i think sony will just keep improving upon and they will be the leaders of that concept because soon all systems will have motion controls but im more interested in the creating and sharing it makes gamers feel like developers lol.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News