Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: Making Of: The Last Of Us PS3 Announcement Trailer

Sponsored Links
    SCEE Manager James Gallagher has shared some video footage today spotlighting the making of The Last Of Us PS3 announcement trailer below.

To quote: In December we announced The Last of Us during the 2011 Spike VGA Awards. The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind.

Well prior to our announcement we had been hard at work on a trailer perfectly crafted to set the tone and (hopefully) get your blood pumping with excitement when we made our announcement. If you haven't seen that trailer yet be sure to check it out below.

Today we're sharing a deeper look into that trailer. We were hard at work on the announcement trailer for quite awhile and a lot of design went into making certain every frame contained some nugget of information you could take away about the game itself.

Taken more than a year ago and over the course of a few days of planning, prep, and acting what you see here is a nice glimpse into some of the behind the screens work that went into making that trailer possible.

Comprised of shots we decided to keep in the trailer, here's the motion capture footage of our two main The Last of Us protagonists doing their thing in our Culver City, CA motion capture studio:

As you can see, actor performances are intergal to the way our trailers and our games get made. The nuances in their performances are taken into our [Register or Login to view links] game engine then built into our game and it's what truly brings our characters to life.

Introducing the character of Joel, played by [Register or Login to view links], and Ellie, played by [Register or Login to view links], wouldn't have been possible without the well wrought, lively, and often acrobatic performances by our lead actor and actress.

You'll definitely be hearing more about and from Troy and Ashley in the near future. Be sure on the lookout for more information and news about The Last of Us online and in print very soon.

Video: Making Of: The Last Of Us PS3 Announcement Trailer

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I always love seeing actors playing out scenes in video games, game have sure advanced a lot in the past 30 years.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    looks a good game... hope it ain't gonna be short... reminds me of... i am legend.

exactly my thoughts about it..

I'm going to enjoy this game the most by imagining the lead is Liam Neeson.

i can't wait for this game.. looks pretty good so far, but then so did amy.. LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News