Video: MAG Interdiction PS3 DLC Arrives on June 22, 2010
Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has announced today alongside a video that MAG Interdiction PS3 DLC will arrive on June 22, 2010 and include new maps among other PlayStation 3 updates.
To quote: It's been just over four and a half months since [Register or Login to view links] released worldwide and 930,000 battles, 1.7 million players, and 1.1 billion kills later, the time to expand is now.
Yes friends, everyone here at [Register or Login to view links] is proud to announce that beginning June 22, our first expansion pack, dubbed "Interdiction," will be available to players all over the world for $9.99 US (prices in other regions may vary).
"But what's in it," you say? Well, for starters, we're introducing a brand new gametype that we're calling (what else?) "Interdiction." Built for up to 128 simultaneous players, Interdiction challenges two rival factions to be attackers and seize control of three command posts with the aid of several heavily-armed convoys on three brand new maps (Lake Bayano Spur, Sovot Motorway, and Iron Cree Quarry).
To make it even more interesting, we've made all three maps completely faction neutral - allowing all sides to play any map whenever they want - in addition to supplying every squad with their own APC vehicle (that's 16 APCs on the map at once!).
To win, players must capture and hold as many objectives as possible to increase their score while concurrently depleting their enemy's. In short, Interdiction mode = crazy battlefield mayhem.
A new gametype and three new maps isn't all we're packing either. As an extra bonus, we're also adding the ultimate in MAG protection, our "Heavy Improved" armor set.
Trust us when we say that it doesn't matter if you're [Register or Login to view links], [Register or Login to view links], or [Register or Login to view links] - if you don the Heavy Improved armor consider yourself a walking tank.
Oh, and one other thing, to reward you for spending your hard-earned dollars on our new DLC, we'll also be including a handful of brand new in-game medals, ribbons and trophies! What are they? Glad you asked!
- Jump Start - Capture 2 Command Posts in a round of Interdiction
- Mowing the Grass - Get 10 kills with a vehicle turret in one round
- Dashed Hopes - Destroy 2 mines with gunfire in one round
- Cannonball Rally - Become an MVP (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a round of Interdiction
- Roadside Assistance - Capture 10 Interdiction control points over your career
- Landscape Architect - Get 50 kills with a vehicle turret over your career
- BOD - Destroy 20 mines with gunfire over your career
- Designated Driver - Earn 5 Interdiction MVPs over your career
- King of the Hills (Bronze) - Earn the Roadside Assistance medal while playing Interdiction
- Red Ball Express (Silver) - Earn the Designated Driver medal while playing Interdiction
- Road Runner (Gold) - Capture 3 Interdiction control points in a single round
And that's the Interdiction Pack. Again, you can pick it up for $9.99 starting June 22, but don't think that we're stopping there - we still have a lot planned for MAG in the coming months.