Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: How to Pair DualShock 4 Controller with PS3 to Work Wirelessly

Sponsored Links
    Today YouTube user SuperOriginalA made available a video on how to pair a DualShock 4 Controller with the PS3 to work wirelessly with details below.

To quote: The DualShock 4 Can Now Be Used Wirelessly On PS3

The PS4's controller has been compatible with the PS3 since launch, though only if it was connected through a USB wire. However it now appears one of the recent updates allows for you to connect the controller and use it wirelessly.

I just came across a tip on Reddit (reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/29jpiv/ds4_is_now_supported_wirelessly_after_recent_ps3/) now, and had to try it out for myself, though the console doesn't actually recognize the controller as an official Sony one. The step by step guide is as follows:
    • Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
    • Go to Accessory settings.
    • Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, and start scanning for device.
    • Unplug DS4
    • While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
    • When the light flashes quickly on DS4 plug back in and select Wireless Controller.
    • Let registration complete and then unplug.

This isn't full recognition and as a result things like the PS button, as well as the vibrate and Sixaxis functions won't work. But at least there is some support now.

Video: How to Pair DualShock 4 Controller with PS3 to Work Wirelessly

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    I am gonna try that right now.

Didn't work for me, maybe because i am still on 4.55 but it keeps scanning forever so i don't know if its a firmware issue or not.
    Last edited by Liongooder; 07-02-2014 at 01:57 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, update the firmware, it was only with the latest firmware update that it works. This has been noted in other obscure posts.

just upgraded to habib 4.60 and this didn't work for me, bummer

I am still on OFW and I got the update like an hour ago, I have tired this and the controller will not sync at all. Not sure why.

awesome, thanks

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News