Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: Heavy Rain PS3 Gameplay Coming Home, Delay Confirmed

Sponsored Links
    Today Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumiere confirmed to CVG (linked above) that Heavy Rain will be delayed in its release until early next year, as the developers feel that the title needs to have its own release window away from the busy Christmas period.

To quote: "A game like Heavy Rain needs space, needs to be explained and shown. At the end of the year, people can't afford to buy all those games so we wanted to give Heavy Rain the chance to have its own release window, and for us to really talk about it so people really understand it.

Fondaumiere believes that HR will be a test bed for how ready the industry is for this sort of innovation."

In related news, IGN has made available a Heavy Rain PS3 Gameplay 'Coming Home' video today... check it out below!

Video: Heavy Rain PS3 Gameplay Coming Home, Delay Confirmed

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wow this is so amazing... looks like a real movie. can't wait to get it in my hands

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It really looks awesome! I don't even know if we can call this a game! It's more like an interactive thriller movie! I don't mind it coming out in 2010, that way they have all the time in the world to make this game trully amazing...

I have to agree, that the team did a very good job with the graphics, but the more I see of these "Gameplay" - Videos, I have to ask myself how they will keep the player motivated to replay this game. "Fahrenheit" was a fabulous game, no question, but for me, it didn't have any replay value.

Although alternate endings and real decision making consequences could of course be a motivation factor.

This game should rock! To soften the blow there are plenty of other AAA titles coming out this year so it makes sense to delay it, so its not fighting for retail attention against the seasonal sequels!

I agree with what others have said before me, but at the same time i think this is a good move by the devs/publishers - the more hype they can give this game to attract more customers the better it will be for them and sony.

I really hope this game does well because it looks amazing!

This is definitely a good move, there is SOO many games coming out the holiday season of 2009. If they released it then, they would have sooo much competition, it is better for them to have their own release date, would probably result in more sales for them too.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News