Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video Guide: PS3 HDTV to SDTV Problem and Solution Available

Sponsored Links
    Has your PS3 ever done this... you had your PS3 hooked up to a HDTV and for some reason you may not have the HDTV either is not working?

Or its not with you, or you just maybe went on a trip and took your PS3 along with you but there was no HDTV where you were going.

There is only one problem: it wont show no video or hear sound.. Thank God you got YouTube!

Ok here we go watch the clip I made.. sorry not a real video, just an Instructional video.. I don't like making videos.

-And1-06

Video Guide: PS3 HDTV to SDTV Problem and Solution Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Hiya ps3userand106,

I approved your video guide and +Rep for taking the time to make it and help others out. That being said though, I believe the same thing can be accomplished by simply resetting the PS3's video settings via holding down the Power button like this:
    Turn off the power to your PS3 and then turn it back on again. But when you turn it on, hold down the power button until you see something on the screen.

When you hold down the power button of the PS3 when you are turning it on, it completely resets the video settings to the most basic settings (480p I think) so that it'll work on any TV or monitor.

Once you can then get something on the screen, you can configure the video settings to match the TV you are hooking up to. You'll probably have to do the same thing when you take it back to your original location.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's a whole lot easier just to hold down the power button. It will take it to whatever you have it hooked up with. So if you change from HDMI to component cables this works to.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Hiya ps3userand106,

I approved your video guide and +Rep for taking the time to make it and help others out. That being said though, I believe the same thing can be accomplished by simply resetting the PS3's video settings via holding down the Power button like this:
    Yes boss is correct, I do it all the time when I have to go back to SD to record.

I do thank you for trying to be helpful to the community, however I also did something like this before where I tried to show someone something that was already easier to do. So I recommend searching google before taking the time to make a video on it

Been doing this a long time. Just holding down the power button resets the video/audio output settings back to default and SDTV works again. Going through menus is a waste of time.

I'd rather you edit the news post to tell people this rather than the video as it's the correct way to do it and it's not exactly a new hidden thing.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News