Video: God of War Ascension Multiplayer Beta Begins Today for PS Plus
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist Aaron Kaufman has announced that the God of War Ascension Multiplayer Beta begins today for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
To quote: Warriors of PlayStation Plus, our God of War development team here at Sony Santa Monica is proud to break open the arena gates to our God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta for you later this afternoon. What does this mean?
All PlayStation Plus members will be able to download the Beta software from PSN. If you have opted in for auto-download direct to your console, the Beta will be waiting for you later today on the XMB under the "Games" tab. Just click it to instantly boot up and get to the action!
If you have a PlayStation Plus 30-day trial promo code from the God of War: Saga Collection or a contest prize, redeem it today. You will have instant access to the Beta software - as well as all the other benefits of being a Plus member - for 30 days.
Be sure to visit our official [Register or Login to view links] website where we've just launched a suite of new Beta strategy sections: God Profiles, Basic and Intermediate Tips you won't find in-game, and your keys to victory in each mode.
BEGIN A WARRIOR, RISE A CHAMPION
Our Multiplayer Beta is a taste of the full-game experience, here's what you'll see featured:
• God Allegiances: Zeus and Ares (2 of 4)
• Modes: 8-player - Team Favor of the Gods or Capture The Flag, 4-player - Free For All
Favor of the Gods (Deathmatch)
• Maps: Desert of Lost Souls (large map) & Forum of Hercules (arena)
• Vast amount of weapons, armors, magic, relics, and God items to customize and earn
• Ascend to Level 30 - can you do it during the short Beta period?!
• VoIP - bust out those headphones and mics, team strategies are crucial (especially in CTF)
This being God of War, one does not simply walk into the Ascension Multiplayer Beta and think it ends there. Here are a few things not in the Beta that will be in the final game March 12th:
• God Allegiances Hades and Poseidon
• Third In-Game Weapon Class - To Be Announced Soon
• More Large and Small maps created from signature God of War locations
• Ability to customize your Warrior as you unlock all the weapons, magics, armors, relics, and God items from the four allegiances - and level them up!
• Team Up With Friends - this is a heavy team-multiplayer game, you will have such abilities to join your friends and dominate the competition. More on this closer to launch.
• An unannounced fourth multiplayer mode. We don't screw around here (well, we do have fun)!
Our development team has been burning the midnight oil, pouring every last ounce of passion into creating a Multiplayer experience worthy of the God of War pedigree. This has been no ordinary journey for our team. Epic in every way, it has been a new beginning.
Whether or not you have been following our transparent making-the-game series, Unchained, here is the five-minute story of what's been a three-year journey in creating something once thought impossible. Enjoy our latest episode, A New Beginning.
By the way, if you made it this far and you love God of War's single-player experience, fear not: a wealth of new information is coming sooner than you think.