I wonder if they are people like me... without money... this night i had to copy otheros.bld to my ps3, but because the ps3 searches only media and doesn't download it online, i had to copy it someway... searching searching..no dvd writer, no usb stick, no cf, no ms, no sd?! Only my rs-mmc of my nokia 6630! I hoped and the idea came to me, after some experiments...Sponsored Links
Here's it is! To have fully working your mmc on ps3!
1. MMC is actually an SD card?! Don't ask for details, i don't know them exactly...
2. If you have a rs-mmc put the plastic "cup" so it will get the size of an MMC
3. Switch on the ps3, and put the MMC in the SD slot (it fits) and "locked" it as u would do with a normal mmc card. An orange light next to the slot will appear. Check up XMB>>Music an SD card option will appear. If not continue the steps. (My 6630 is using symbian and i think it formats the card different so XMB didn't recognize it.)
4. If you Linux installed on your ps3 use them. Boot in Linux and go Computer>> SonyxxxxxxSD (xxxx are letters i don't remember) or use an other card reader in order to backup your files (better copy them somewhere). My kingston 1gb copied 1gb files into the ps3 in 1 min and 10 secs! Lightning fast!
5. Boot up again in the game-os (linux command: boot-game-os )
6. Go to System settings>> Format utility>> Format SD card
7. The first time you format it will fail. Then try again. It will format normally. If not, remove the card and try again.
8. Then boot up linux again, and copy the files back to the mmc card.
Now ur mmc card will be fully working with ur ps3! Also in XBM when ur over the SD option(like XMB>>Music>>SD card) press triangle and press "View all files" in order to see all files!