Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Big Grin Use your MMC/RS-MMC mobile card with your PS3!

Sponsored Links
    I wonder if they are people like me... without money... this night i had to copy otheros.bld to my ps3, but because the ps3 searches only media and doesn't download it online, i had to copy it someway... searching searching..no dvd writer, no usb stick, no cf, no ms, no sd?! Only my rs-mmc of my nokia 6630! I hoped and the idea came to me, after some experiments...

Here's it is! To have fully working your mmc on ps3!

1. MMC is actually an SD card?! Don't ask for details, i don't know them exactly...

2. If you have a rs-mmc put the plastic "cup" so it will get the size of an MMC

3. Switch on the ps3, and put the MMC in the SD slot (it fits) and "locked" it as u would do with a normal mmc card. An orange light next to the slot will appear. Check up XMB>>Music an SD card option will appear. If not continue the steps. (My 6630 is using symbian and i think it formats the card different so XMB didn't recognize it.)

4. If you Linux installed on your ps3 use them. Boot in Linux and go Computer>> SonyxxxxxxSD (xxxx are letters i don't remember) or use an other card reader in order to backup your files (better copy them somewhere). My kingston 1gb copied 1gb files into the ps3 in 1 min and 10 secs! Lightning fast!

5. Boot up again in the game-os (linux command: boot-game-os )

6. Go to System settings>> Format utility>> Format SD card

7. The first time you format it will fail. Then try again. It will format normally. If not, remove the card and try again.

8. Then boot up linux again, and copy the files back to the mmc card.

Now ur mmc card will be fully working with ur ps3! Also in XBM when ur over the SD option(like XMB>>Music>>SD card) press triangle and press "View all files" in order to see all files!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks ST0RM53, and Thumbs Up +100 credits!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thz! My next tutorial may be: How to use your Symbian phone as a bluetooth headset! if i get it work! (and that's because i don't have a headset to use in Warhawk!)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have used my phone memorycard from the beginning... im intrested to use symbian phone as headset, please tell me how

Working USB Storage devices in XMB

Thought it would be helpful if we compile a list of known working USB Storage devices and which firmware / PS3 model they work on:

Sony VAIO USB Floppy Drive (confirmed PAL 1.8 FW)
    Iomega 250MB Zip Drive (confirmed PAL 1.8 FW)

I'm also interested in a list of good bluetooth keyboards / mice as I am contemplating spending $225 AU on a Logitech DiNovo Edge from UMart

I dont mean to sound negative. But an rs-mmc (reduced sized mmc) is basically an sd card with reduced voltage isnt it. - So its fully backward compatible with sd technology by design.

It will be unlikely you will be able to get the phone to work as a headset unless you write, or find a program that allows it. - This is because the bluetooth on the phone does not have the headset protocol built in for using it as a headset.

Im sure there must be a symbian app that will allow this though, - id imagine using your phone a a pc mic over bluetooth would be the product line where you might find it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrade View Post
    Hey, I have one of these! I didn't know that it worked with the ps3. Cool...

i have used my phone memorycard from the beginning... im intrested to use symbian phone as headset, please tell me how
    i said my next tutorial MAY BE.....

Sony VAIO USB Floppy Drive (confirmed PAL 1.8 FW)
    So: Kingston 1GB RS-MMC (confirmed NTSC/J 1.6 FW)

It will be unlikely you will be able to get the phone to work as a headset unless you write, or find a program that allows it. - This is because the bluetooth on the phone does not have the headset protocol built in for using it as a headset.
    I know that. I/Someone could write a program as Symbian is a an OS designed for mobiles (and can get applications-for those who don't know) to function the phone as a headset. Besides i can't get it work, it may work with the usb cable.

Im sure there must be a symbian app that will allow this though, - id imagine using your phone a a pc mic over bluetooth would be the product line where you might find it.
    I don't think one exists, i looked once, nothing. First i have to find out how i can detect ps3 with my phone. In fact if u search for BT devices using ur phone u will find nothing. I believe i must find out how headset works and write an app using the Symbian SDK.

using nokia n93 as mediaserver

hi!

i did turn fileshare on from my nokia n93 and i noticed that ps3 did found it as mediaserver, this was a suprise to me. i can see all the image, movie and mp3 files but i cant listen/watch them, does anyone know how i get this work?

i think this works all phones witch have "home network" etc option.

Ohh thats nice...i don't know if someone released an application for media streaming from a symbian mobile, but since my 6630 hasn't wifi i can't try it...

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News