Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Update on PS3 Firmware 3.00: Sony Aware of Issues, Fix Coming

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony Corporate Communications & Social Media Sr. Director Patrick Seybold has announced that they are indeed aware of the issues present (freezing, lock-outs, etc) in PS3 Firmware 3.00, and are looking into fixing them as soon as possible.

To quote: "SCEA is aware of reports that PS3 owners are experiencing isolated issues with their PS3 system since installing the most recent system software update (v3.00).

Rest assured that we are looking into the matter and will provide an update here as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience, as it's our mission to deliver the best consumer experience on all PlayStation platforms."

Good news indeed for everyone experiencing them since updating to PS3 Firmware 3.00!

Update on PS3 Firmware 3.00: Sony Aware of Issues, Fix Coming

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For me the 3.00 is totally perfect, played Sacred 2, Demon's Souls, BioShock, GTA IV and some demos without any problems... Haven't tried Uncharted yet...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good to know. Sony is really fast. Good support but it would be better not to have such problems in the first place

my black ds3 stoped working after 3.0

My black ds3 started acting up after the update the problem is the system always thinks the right analong is pushed up when it's in a neutral pos. weird.. i think i'm going to call sony on this one.. see what they can do.

funny if they sent in-game voice chat in the update for an apogize lol but they probably won't

the only game that froze on me is littlebigplanet and dbz burst limits.

I had no freezing issues with the patch. Unless you count typing to someone in-game and if you count the ps3 web browser crashing the system but both issues frequently happened before 3.0 for me.

Can't say I've encountered any of these issues, but good to know. I hope they also give us the option to turn off the grey boxes around the friend icons- really hate those.

Tried updating again yesterday still getting an error which has never happened before I usually have no problem updating so hopefully I'll be able to update when they get the fix. I agree about the boxes around friends & I wish there was a resolution (size) selector because I've heard 3.0 made everything bigger on the XMB & I'm afraid it's gonna look ugly huge on my 73 inch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by NetheRealm View Post
    Tried updating again yesterday still getting an error which has never happened before I usually have no problem updating so hopefully I'll be able to update when they get the fix. I agree about the boxes around friends & I wish there was a resolution (size) selector because I've heard 3.0 made everything bigger on the XMB & I'm afraid it's gonna look ugly huge on my 73 inch screen.
    Although i agree that the grey boxes are ugly, it really don't affect me that much. i mean, I'm playing games more than i am staring at the XMB. also, they help see friends better if you're using a bright theme. install the "afrika" dynamic theme that can be found for free on japan PSN and see what i mean. 3.0 does make everything bigger but it's for the good. despite what you heard, the resolution hadn't changed, things just got bigger. the whole point on resolution is that objects and images are much more detailed as it changes how many pixels your TV can withhold.

On my 1080p HDTV, it's quite hard to read text from a distance and i for one don't like standing 2 feet away from my TV. I'm glad they changed the size of the text. although i agree every user should have the option to fix all this to fit their own tastes, I'm alright with this update and to be thankful it's free. also i been hearing some complaints about the multiple PSN store icons throughout the XMB. if you actually go to one, they display different information each time. it don't bother me either. but apparently people always have something to complain about though.

Concerning your issue, are you connected to PSN while trying to update? Have you placed the ps3 in your DMZ in your router so you won't have to port forward everything?
    Last edited by saioke; 09-05-2009 at 01:34 AM

Ha why is it that every firmware Sony puts out need a fix the first week out??? My sixaxis keeps disconnecting in game and sometimes thinks the right thumb stick is pushed up... No wonder they dropped the price, they cant bug fix shit till its in the wild. I never have these problems on my 360. Sony I'd be glad to help test this shit before my fellow gamers have to do with sub par products.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News