Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Unreal Tournament 3 Mods for PS3 Get Custom Sound Support

Sponsored Links
    Epic Games has great news for mod developers: Custom sounds can now be imported for Unreal Tournament 3 mods for PlayStation 3 using Epic Games' ATRAC3 mod tools, which are free of charge and available now.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Press Release: UnrealŪ Tournament 3 Mods for PS3 Get Custom Sound Support

CARY, N.C. (September 25, 2009) - Previously, custom sounds for Unreal Tournament 3 mods have only been supported for PC. Thanks to cooperation with Sony, Epic Games is able to offer its QA-tested and approved PS3 sound conversion tools to mod authors.

What this means is that many of our latest and greatest mods, especially total conversions using entirely original assets, can now be ported over for the entire PS3 community to enjoy.

Want to see some of these amazing mods? Head over to [Register or Login to view links] to view the dozens of levels, characters, vehicles, weapons and total conversions that are in the running to receive lots of cash and even an UnrealŪ Engine 3 commercial license as part of the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest.

If you are a mod author and want to take advantage of these tools, the instructions are really simple. First, you should have Unreal Tournament 3 for PC, patched to the latest version, installed on your local machine to get started. To access the sound conversion tools, simply click through the ATRAC end-user license agreement (EULA) here, install ATRAC on top of UT3's PS3ModTools v2.1 (which enable the cooking of PC mods for use on the PS3), and begin importing files.

You can read more about creating Unreal Tournament 3 mods for PS3 at the Unreal Developer Network: [Register or Login to view links].

To download PS3ModTools 2.1, click here: [Register or Login to view links]

To view the ATRAC tools EULA, visit [Register or Login to view links].

Unreal Tournament 3 Mods for PS3 Get Custom Sound Support

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Purchased UT3 because I'm a huge fan of the PC series so I was really disappointed to find too few players online. Hopefully as modding seems to be maturing to PC-like levels it'll help spur more interest in the PS3 UT3 community and get more people online.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma7703 View Post
    Purchased UT3 because I'm a huge fan of the PC series so I was really disappointed to find too few players online. Hopefully as modding seems to be maturing to PC-like levels it'll help spur more interest in the PS3 UT3 community and get more people online.
    I agree, I'm a huge Unreal Tournament fan and was pretty suprised when UT3 had hardly any user base. the ps3 version gets as close to the PC version as possible. you know what the sad part is? i own UT3 for PC as well, and still there's a lack of people playing. i don't know why people hate the game so much, but i find it a mix between the very first UT and UT2004. it's such a great game.

now that there's new sounds for the ps3 version of UT3, i wonder if this will help those develop total conversion mods for the ps3.

Sponsored Links

Question off topic

Sponsored Links
    does the unreal 2k3 engine the same on, or do i need 2004 or later?

re

does this mean this tool has just come out because i have this tool from about a year ago?

This version was just released by Epic Games yep, but as I recall we did post an older one from that awhile back... probably just without custom sound support though.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News