Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Uninstall fedora/install YDL

Sponsored Links
    I installed Fedora on my ps3 and after not being able to change my res even after using ps3videomode..,didnt work, and hearing that YDL was better. I would like in install YDL. I followed teh install directions for ydl, but when i restart after changing the ps3 to boot to otheros fedora still opens. How do I install ydl after i have fedora installed. Also, without reformating since i dont want to delete my game saves. TIA

PS I tried looking through the forums, but didnt see anything for installing linux on a ps3 after having another linux installed before.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you run the OtherOS installer, and install the otheros.bld provided with YDL?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    otheros was already installed when i installed fedora, but i did try an dus ethe links ydl gave to get those files and when i tried to install otheros again it saiud the files were corrupted so i grabbed the otheros files from this site and it install otheros again.

Last Resort

Quote Originally Posted by kkorn4325 View Post
    How do I install ydl after i have fedora installed. Also, without reformating since i dont want to delete my game saves.
    In the event you HAVE to reformat, there is a backup utility under the system settings that will allow you to store your game saves, music, video, photos, and demos onto an external hdd or memory card.

Each Other os file is specific to that operating system. The Other os you have right now is for Fedora as you stated. But to run YDl, you need to make sure to grab to the other os files specifically for YDL itself. Also if you want to completely remove Fedora and replace it with YDl, you need to clarify to "remove all existing linux partitions" when you get to the install screen. That way, you can be sure that Fedora is non existent with a fresh partition. Or if you want to keep both(make sure you have anough space on the HDD) install in the free space you have in that linux partition.

I can't say how much of a difference YDl will make for you if you were having resolution problems with fedora. Chances are, you'll have the same problem. I can say this because I tried both with no avail in solving res (full screen) problems.
    Last edited by Desi; 02-12-2007 at 04:13 PM

When i used the ydl otheros files it said they were corrupt, i will try again. I knew there was a backup utility but i wasnt sure if it saved the game files too. I will try this all when i get home from work. 10 central. thanks for all help from all of you.

In the ps3 manual i thought i didnt see game saves under the back up utility spot and i found that weird. maybe i read wrong.

The backup option was added on later in v 1.32 I believe. You don't NEED to perform a backup if you are just installing YDL over fedora, all you need to do is start up the YDl installation process and "remove all Linux partitions". This will remove fedora completely, allowing you to install YDl easily while keeping all your demos/music, etc safe from linux ever reaching it. (it can't reach them anyway, since the PS3 os is in a separate partition itself.)

I figure that was the case since the hardrive is split into 2 partitions. Just getting started was the issue. Im still at firmware 1.10 so i still couldnt back up my saves yet anyways till i update.

Can YDL be installed with the 1.10 firmware? I know with fedora I needed atleast 1.10.

Quote Originally Posted by kkorn4325 View Post
    I figure that was the case since the hardrive is split into 2 partitions. Just getting started was the issue. Im still at firmware 1.10 so i still couldnt back up my saves yet anyways till i update.

Can YDL be installed with the 1.10 firmware? I know with fedora I needed atleast 1.10.
    Yes, Ydl can be installed on 1.10.
    For backing up saves, if you a have a portable flash drive or a PSP (via usb) that can work to store your gamesaves/music. Not sure about demos though.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News