Following up on their previous Uncharted 3 PS3 patch update notes, today Naughty Dog have revealed the version 1.09 changes outlined below.
To quote: Patch 1.09 will be deploying Monday April 9th 2012 (PST). Here is a rundown of all the changes we've made as we moved from 1.07 to 1.08 to 1.09.
The Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception 1.09 patch will be deployed April 9th 2012. It will roll out across all regions globally over 24 hours once deployed. We were able to get both patch 1.08 and 1.09 through the testing and approval processes around the same time. Therefore we are releasing them together. Since the changes are cumulative you’ll only see an update for patch 1.09 when you download it.
Additionally, for those of you who prefer to watch video over reading the notes, we have made two videos detailing the changes in update 1.08 and update 1.09. These videos summarize the patch notes you’ll read in this post. Videos such as these should be available for all patches moving forward. Hooray video!
Upload your cinema files to YouTube this weekend in order to preserve them.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After seeing the mention of video, if you don’t read anything else, please read this. In case you missed the note on our forums all cinema files made pre-patch 1.08 will crash the game once patch 1.08 is installed if you try to play them.
Any files you didn’t save to YouTube BEFORE patch 1.08 is installed will no longer work properly once patch 1.08 is installed. Once patch 1.09 hits all pre 1.08 cinema files will be erased. If you didn’t upload your cinema files to YouTube prior to patch 1.08 you’re no longer going to be able to use those files. In other words: upload your cinema files to YouTube this weekend in order to preserve them.
Just to be crystal about it, don’t scratch your head when you don’t see patch 1.08 downloading (unless your head itches). You will only be downloading patch 1.09 as it will include all the changes made in Patch 1.08 in addition to changes made for patch 1.09. The change list for each patch is as follows:
Available: April 9, 2012
- Cloaked level 3 booster better masks the player’s sounds when equipped
- Increased default Tau Sniper ammo total to 18
- Fixed certain regions on Ruins and Facility maps where a thrown Plunder or Treasure Hunter idol would not respawn
- Crushing difficulty on Plaza and Village for Shade Survival is now locked until properly unlocked via gameplay
- Players can no longer infinitely hold a high-five pose to avoid being grabbed by a Choker in Co-Op modes
- Players are now able to vote on the difficulty of Co-Op matches no matter where they are on the menu when the voting period begins
- Players can no longer join the party of a player that is viewing a Cinema file
DLC TOGGLE NOTE: The DLC toggle places players into two distinct pools: players searching for DLC and players who are searching for default maps. When the switch is toggled “On” in order for you to be pooled in the DLC group you’ll have to make sure you have downloaded the latest DLC maps. All players with the latest DLC maps will be pooled into the DLC group once the toggle is in the “On” switch. If you want to play the default maps and occasionally get DLC maps leave the toggle in the off position.
- DLC Toggle added to the Options menu
Available: April 9, 2012
- G-MAL stopping power reduced by 50%
- Shield’s health increased by 18%
- Auto aim while jumping reduced on double-barrel shotguns
- Bullet spread for AK-47 tightened by ~10%
- All cinema files captured pre patch 1.09 are no longer accessible
CINEMA FILES NOTE: All cinema files created pre-patch 1.09 will no longer be available.
- Updated the server-side to allow for live updates to weapon functionality
More PlayStation 3 News...