Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Uncharted 2 PS3 Game Freezing Problems Being Reported

Sponsored Links
    This weekend is the first many Uncharted 2 fans have had to get into the PS3 game, which was released last week on October 13 in the US, October 15 in Australia and October 16 in European markets.

That being said, this weekend also marks the beginning of numerous Uncharted 2: Among Thieves freezing reports surfacing... which appear to affect all makes and models of PS3 and can 'strike' at anytime.

However, the majority of reports say that it comes near the end of the game, with a few complaining of freezing problems at the start.

Currently there is no surefire way to fix this problem, however, many are simply returning the game to their retailer to exchange it for a new copy.

To quote: "Whether the system is the cause of the problem, the game, or a possible firmware glitch is the root of the problem hasn't been deciphered, yet. Unfortunately for those who are being affected by the freezing issue, there isn't a sure way to fix it at the given time.

If you are experiencing this problem, you may want to exchange your current copy for a new copy at your local retailer. Hopefully, that will fix the problem for you."

If anyone here has experienced a freezing issue with Uncharted 2 on their PlayStation 3 console feel free to report it in the comments below!

Uncharted 2 PS3 Game Freezing Problems Being Reported

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i had this too unfortunately, near the end during a cutscene. when i wanted to continue the game the next day it dropped me off after that cutcene so i didn't have a clue how i got there. i have the 80GB "fat" ps3.

Sponsored Links

i have the same problems

Sponsored Links
    this game has defenitely some issues:

-cutscenes sometimes skip frames
    -random freezes while playing

these bugs are pretty unfrequentely - but once an evening they occur - which is acceptable for most people i think.

im running ps3-os v3.0 and have the german PEGI version of uncharted 2.

It froze once on my 60GB PS3, when it was loading on the background for new level and I decided switch weapons... Luckily the autosave brought me back to the spot. Only one freeze and I've finished the game.

Strange I didn't freeze once. Actually XMB runs really fast on my PS3 Fat 80GB model with Backwards compatibility. I would recommend that everyone upgrade to Firmware 3.1 if you have not already.

i had no issues at all. 30+ hours played, platinum trophy owned. PS3 model CECHK 80Gb, FW 3.01

Angry

it UC2 freeze on the middle of a good match sometimes... piss me off!

Slightly tangent, but the 3.0 firmware has been really bad on my end. COD4 essentially hangs *every* single time I run it. the only way to alleviate it is to reboot my router. Now I'm not sure if it's because my crappy SE567 dsl / switch is especially poor or what, but it was only after the 3.0 update..

Only had it freeze one on me once so far..

My PS3 had been on for most of the day so it may have been running hot as the same place worked fine the next day.

Unfortunately i didn't buy the game to test this yet, but i feel lucky there will be an update sooner or later to fix it anyway.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News