Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta Coming, Patch Details Available

Sponsored Links
    Today Naughty Dog Multiplayer Designer Justin Richmond has announced news that a new Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta patch is coming soon.

To quote: The Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta is about to enter its second week, and we're already making some tweaks to improve your experience. We are preparing a patch for release in the next few days.

Properly applying this patch requires some careful attention on your end: You must watch the screen closely while booting into the beta. As soon as you see the patch message come up in the XMB overlay, you should hit X to accept as quickly as possible.

If you miss the window your PS3 will reset but NOT patch. Simply launch the game and you can try again.

We'll post a notice on the PlayStation.com [Register or Login to view links] letting you know when the patch goes live, and we'll also Tweet it out as well on the PlayStation and Naughty Dog Twitter accounts.

Here's what this beta patch will address:

General
    - Grenade explosions now apply damage properly

Matchmaking
    - Players should no longer get hung up in matchmaking for long periods of time

Bug Fixes
    - Ranks should no longer reset randomly
    - Quitting the game will no longer reset the PS3
    - Player collision - players should no longer get hung up on each other when moving through the environment
    - Player will now be killed if stuck in falling animation for too long
    - In Plunder mode, treasures will no longer disappear during matches

Note: ALL RANKS WILL BE RESET WITH THE PATCH

We are also pleased to announce that we will hold four "Play with the Developer" events in the UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Beta over the next two weeks, starting today! During these time slots, a lot of us at Naughty Dog will be online playing the game with all of you!

You can tell the Dogs apart from other players because they'll be playing with different models - a pirate for the villains and Drake with a Naughty Dog t-shirt for the heroes.

The dates and times are below:

Tuesday, June 9 - 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM PT
    Thursday, June 11 - 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM PT
    Tuesday, June 16 - 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM PT
    Thursday, June 18 - 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM PT

Join us for some fun!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well this is good to hear, sucks that ranks get reset but knew that was going to happen. The biggest part of this patch that needed to be addressed was the Matchmaking thing... I've waited 5+ minutes before finding people to play with if they can't fix the wait, that alone will make people put something else on.

I would suggest some sort of CoD halfbreed, if they want to keep the current setup, they should make it instead of showing "Found player" > insert who that player is. and allow people to chat while its looking... siting there in silence sucks.

Overall the multiplayer is win. Now get off my booty!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    great news about the patch

wow, I can't wait.

Cool

Aw, no play with the developer on my birthday.
    Oh well, should be much better with the new patch. I haven't played the Beta much. It was actually one of the contributing factors in purchasing inFAMOUS.

I guess I've been so busy Trophy hunting (got the inFAMOUS plat!), I forgot I even had the Beta.

Is the cooperative mode working now?
    Last edited by BlingOnMyWrist; 06-10-2009 at 12:42 AM

Sweet!

This is great, I kept noticing that every time I ranked up my rank would revert to its previous state... was kinda annoying but hey this is great and fixing the ps3 resetting is awesome

The game causes the ps3 to reset? Possible exploit?!?

Anyone got a beta key or knows where to go for one? Never bought infamous (can)

Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    The game causes the ps3 to reset? Possible exploit?!?

Anyone got a beta key or knows where to go for one? Never bought infamous (can)
    I was thinking the same thing about an exploit but I doubt anything will be done; As far as Beta keys go, I subscribed to Qore... not only for the Beta but because I actually enjoy the whole Qore experience and the exclusive stuff... not to mention freebies

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News