Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Two New PS3 Slim Models CECH-2101A and CECH-2101B Hit FCC

Sponsored Links
    Last year we first uncovered Sony using the "Sand Dollar Enterprise, Inc" pseudonym to list PS3 Slims with the [Register or Login to view links], and today two new PlayStation 3 Slim models have been uncovered- the CECH-2101A and CECH-2101B.

In this [Register or Login to view links] [PDF] it states the difference between the CECH-2101A and CECH-2102B model is HDD type only.

For those unaware, the "X" in the models CECH-210XA and CECH-210XB represents the region coding, so replacing it with a "0" would signify Japan, a "1" for North America, "2" for Australia / New Zealand, "3" for U.K. / Ireland, "4" for Europe / Middle East / Africa and so on.

To quote: "We're not sure why Sony is passing two new PS3 Slims through the FCC. The wireless specs on the new PS3 Slims include 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth - nothing new there.

We're guessing that maybe Sony found a new manufacturer for some of its wireless components, and was forced to pass the PS3 Slim through the FCC again."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I guess Sony is looking for other companies to reduce the build price from the PS3... so they will make more profit!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    I guess Sony is looking for other companies to reduce the build price from the PS3... so they will make more profit!
    And by more profit I'm guessing you mean less loss.

Quote Originally Posted by e1ace View Post
    Damn, beat me to it, hehe, funny stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by e1ace View Post
    According to no reliable sources. The original source for the "dang we losin' infinity billion dollaz per console, dawg" came from Sony themselves. If they really had such a huge problem with the cost to build it they wouldn't have made a console that was on sale in 2006 have a Blu-Ray player which to this day is still expensive and uncommon.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 02-22-2010 at 06:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    According to no reliable sources. The original source for the "dang we losin' infinity billion dollaz per console, dawg" came from Sony themselves.
    Sony have mentioned that the Slim PS3 hardware is still costing them more.

iSuppli, quite a reputable source, say it costs Sony an extra $37. I am open to the opinion that they might be incorrect but there are no reports from even unreliable sources that Sony are making money on the PS3 console hardware.

If they really had such a huge problem with the cost to build it they wouldn't have made a console that was on sale in 2006 have a Blu-Ray player which to this day is still expensive and uncommon.
    It would cost Sony more if they simply dropped the console. So they sticking with it because even if they lose some money on the hardware all they need to do is sell one extra controller and maybe 1 first party title and that loss on the hardware is gone. This is old news thought - the PS2 went through the exact same thing.
    Last edited by e1ace; 02-22-2010 at 07:11 AM

Lightbulb

Wonder when they'll start to sell this thing bundled with a dedicated blu-ray remote! It's about time Sony! A remote can't get this thing that much expensive and would be a HUGE improvement for the package - and for the user experience subsequently.

I have one already, so for me its of little direct interest. But it could help sales and enlarge the PS3 market share (= more developers wanting to launch new games for it!).

According to no reliable sources. The original source for the "dang we losin' infinity billion dollaz per console, dawg" came from Sony themselves. If they really had such a huge problem with the cost to build it they wouldn't have made a console that was on sale in 2006 have a Blu-Ray player which to this day is still expensive and uncommon.
    sony has lost money on every console sold. they make their money in software sales. as most "normal" people only buy one console and many, many games over the life span of their console. the only console that i am aware of that didn't cost the company a considerable amount when it was sold is the wii. but then again, the wii uses left over gamecube parts repackaged in a white box instead of a purple box, so that makes sense. even m$ has lost money on the 360s sold. it's just how the game industry works.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by h3lder View Post
    Wonder when they'll start to sell this thing bundled with a dedicated blu-ray remote! It's about time Sony! A remote can't get this thing that much expensive and would be a HUGE improvement for the package - and for the user experience subsequently.
    I don't have a problem using the sixaxis to start a movie.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News