Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    Yes it is normal, but i do believe there is a post from someone who had both a retail and demo ps3, they said they logged into the playstation store on the retail and somehow got in to it on there demo after that... i'm not sure if it was ever verified, but if you have both i can try and track down the post if ur interested.

also may i ask what fw your demo is on?
    Hello idone, thanks for your reply..

Yes, 'm interested to see how they do to going in playstationstore if you can give me the URL of this post, i will be happy.

My ps3 have the firmware 2.60

thanks a lot!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by benital View Post
    Hello idone, thanks for your reply..

Yes, 'm interested to see how they do to going in playstationstore if you can give me the URL of this post, i will be happy.

My ps3 have the firmware 2.60

thanks a lot!!!
    I am also trying to figure out how to go on the PS Store on a demo unit. Has anyone figured out how to totally get rid of the Demo Mode and make it a retail unit?

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by aznxboi37 View Post
    I am also trying to figure out how to go on the PS Store on a demo unit. Has anyone figured out how to totally get rid of the Demo Mode and make it a retail unit?
    No there is no way to change it to a retail or debug...

But since there is interest i will try to track down the info of how to get it on psn... but from what i remember you do need a retail console also... but gimme a lil bit to try and track down the process.

I will post here once found.

still no luck finding the info.....but will keep looking to find it again.
    and i cant say it works 100% as when i read it before no one else had confirmed..but not a ton of kiosk users out there either.
    Last edited by idone; 02-20-2009 at 10:03 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a PS3 from CC (liquidation process) I was not aware of the DEMO vs RETAIL modes. I am currently updated to firmwire 2.6 and i was able to unlock it with the code that was given for this version.

The only issue I have is that I can not play COD4 online. For some odd reason, it will not update to the current patch (1.38) I am currenty stuck on version/patch 1.0.488. If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

another thing i notice with the so called unlocked demo, is my themes would disappear when it is unlocked, and i dont have access to my pictures (which i think is normal) and of course PSN does not work.

Thanks again
    Shibikku.

Banned User
    The sad thing is your problem might be that the kiosk console you have wont install the retail pkg update...

And it is normal for them not to go on psn... i thought i saw a post somewhere with someone claiming to have gotten one but cant seem to find it again... and at the time no one else confirmed it worked so he might have just been blowing smoke...

3.0 demo unlock code is 2310

Quote Originally Posted by jpkempo1 View Post
    3.0 demo unlock code is 2310
    Thanks and +Rep! I will add it to the first post and the thread in our Tutorials section now!

hi guys I am really new at this demo stuff but I recently gotten hold of a demo unit too. The fw is at 2.20 but I was wondering if updating the fw is as easy as going online or is there a special way of doing it for these units?

appreciate any help thanks!

My God this would be sweet for the Debug units.

has there been any progress in getting these type of codes to work on the debug unit?

I would love to get the full use of my PS3 Test as a PS3 normal unit

Quote Originally Posted by haks View Post
    hi guys I am really new at this demo stuff but I recently gotten hold of a demo unit too. The fw is at 2.20 but I was wondering if updating the fw is as easy as going online or is there a special way of doing it for these units?

appreciate any help thanks!
    Updates the same as a normal unit, just the pass code changes every update. I put the new one here the other day, it's a pain in the butt to get the code unless it's posted.

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News