Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Treyarch Sends Warning to Call Of Duty: Black Ops PS3 Glitchers

Sponsored Links
    Recently some COD Black Ops videos surfaced showing off a 15th Prestige XP and Infinite Care Package hack, and as a result Treyarch COD: Black Ops designer David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar has issued a [Register or Login to view links] warning PS3 glitchers.

To quote: "This is going to be my one and only statement on this topic, so pay attention.

I got Twitbombed today from dozens of people the same 2 links. Some are people using old dashboards or old versions of the game. Others are claiming victory on old dev builds that don't even connect to the version of Xbox Live that you use. Others are reproducible issues that we will hotfix or patch just like we said we would. In essence, we likely know more about it than you do from watching a video on Vimeo or YouTube.

What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either. Internet hysteria from normal people is exactly what they want and that's how many people reacted today. You gave them exactly what they want.

Given the opportunity, I'd personally wield the ban hammer for anyone who thinks he is clever by abusing any glitches. Good think I don't have the opportunity that often and we actually have a constructive, measured, and well-managed live ops team.

We said we would support the game. We are going to support it.

I've gone out of my way using my own limited, personal time to try and get to know about 8000 (and growing) as best I can. The last thing I want is for you to think that because I don't talk about it ... that we don't know or care about it. We didn't spend 2 years of our lives to toss it all in the trash in one day.

I thank all of you who sent in polite, constructive messages without the hysterics.

So here is my one and only public statement about it.

I'm not going to talk about it publicly. We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags. You better think twice before you glitch. You never know who in your game doesn't like glitchers who reports you and saves the game in their File Share and tells us about it.

Our forum admins and VIPs along with JD_2020 (Community Manager) will be managing the communication directly.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar"

Treyarch Sends Warning to Call Of Duty: Black Ops PS3 Glitchers

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    don't cry.. mummys here...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Imagine how much they cried when they read the game also worked on JailBroken PS3's.

I'm guessing it went something like, "We spent 2 years of our lives to toss it all in the trash in one day."

You *really* think they didn't know their game was going to be pirated?

Game devs expect their game to be pirated on all platforms, it's how life works. Same as supermarkets expect to be stolen from.

Of course they try to prevent it, but they know it's going to happen regardless. Thinking otherwise is either very short sighted or extremely stupid.

Ehhhh, even though it works and I could probably download it and play it right now if I wanted to... I'm going to wait until I've got the cash to buy it, then I'll play it. It just wouldn't feel right to me, morally.

Great game, deserves to be supported.

What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either. Internet hysteria from normal people is exactly what they want and that's how many people reacted today. You gave them exactly what they want.
    This guy sounds exactly what he says he's against... Doesn't this remind you of the nerd in H.S., when hed give his homework to a hot girl to only have that hot girl give you the H.W. to copy as well...

Then the crumbby nerd try to rat you out! That is what this reminded me of when reading... some sore losser that just found out the blockbuster game that they just released yesterday is not meeting sales projections due to the overwhelming number of pirated copys on the market before the game is even released! LOL! Keep doing our H.W. nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    don't cry.. mummys here...
    true true true hehe

if it was so important, there wouldn't be any bugs/exploits.

and instead of being a douche he could goto some effort and fix them or something?

Banned User
    I agree with you SK GROUP. 2 years and its still got bugs. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

It's the same engine they've been using so by now you'd expect them to know how to remove the bugs but it doesn't look like it.

That's why I'm waiting for it to be really cheap or 2nd hand before I buy it.

I only pay what its worth and as it's a crap game and so buggy I will only pay 2nd hand prices for it.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News