Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Shoryukens PSN PLAY August 23rd

Sponsored Links
    Capcom Producer Derek Neal has announced today that Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition will be hitting PSN PLAY on August 23, 2011.

To quote: Available August 23rd, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition takes one of the most revered fighting games in CAPCOM's history and brings it Online.

Quite frankly, the feature set we've included in this downloadable is jaw dropping. In addition to upscaled graphics, we have hundreds of trials, dynamic challenges, and a huge Vault full of all kinds of unlockables.

We have multiple training modes, integrated Tournament support, and 8 player lobbies (with spectator mode!). We have GGPO for near-lagless online play, a robust replay system, and the ability to upload matches straight to YouTube - from within the game! All of this, and much, much more.

We are also very excited to be the lead title in the brand new PSN PLAY program. Now with PSN PLAY, you're able to pre-order this game now. This is actually the first time a pre-order program has been offered for a downloadable PSN title, and we couldn't be happier than to help lead that charge.

The pre-order period for the game runs through August 18th, and people who pre-order during this period will receive a special gift: a custom Third Strike theme for their PS3! Here's a sneak peek of what it will look like:

If that wasn't enough, we are also announcing that we'll be giving a free gift to everyone who purchases the game between now and through September 19th: a free key that unlocks the hidden boss character, Gill. This boss character is a ton of fun to play, and can be used in all of our casual game modes, such as Arcade and Player Match. (He is not available in Ranked matches or in Tournaments.)

Finally, PlayStation Plus members will be excited to hear that they're getting a special deal: an additional 20% off on this already great value! So what are you waiting for?! Pre-order now. Buy this game... it's time you realized that it's the THIRD STRIKE THAT COUNTS!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    is this coming to the 360 or no?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's a really good advert for this game.. actually makes me want to buy it. anyone know off hand what GGPO for near lagless gaming is. i just cant believe how many street fighter games there have been.. LOL

price for plus is $16.95 in aussie store i think and considering i just purchased galaga dx for $15 and it only has 1 or 2 hrs gameplay max i'm probably gonna give this a miss and pre order resistance 3 instead.

i'm not sure if this will be released on xbox.

According to Wikipedia, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition will also be hitting XBox Live Arcade in North America on August 24, 2011 and it lists Summer 2011 for Europe and Japan.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    According to Wikipedia, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition will also be hitting XBox Live Arcade in North America on August 24, 2011 and it lists Summer 2011 for Europe and Japan.
    thx for the info.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News