Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Speculation: Is Sony Confirming Rumored 2.7 Firmware Update?

Sponsored Links
    Update: Talking in the official [Register or Login to view links], someone asked if I saw the past codes. I replied yes, and the letters XI from the past messages sparked something.

If you didn't already read, the rumors for PS3 Firmware 2.7 claimed the in-game XMB loading has been drastically improved. Maybe they're revamping the in-game XMB as a whole. The letters XI could stand for 'Cross-Interface'. Okay, that's it Sony, I'm pumped.

A couple of days ago, we found some strange codes and writing in PlayStation Home. We posted screenshots, and no one really knew what they were. The codes and writing are back, but now it looks as if they're actually meant to be there and hinting us about something.

Could this help us confirm the rumors of 2.7 and it's features being true? Or is someone at Sony seriously not coding PS Home correctly? Could they be subtitles from an upcoming title Sony is already hyping?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that second screenshot reads like something you would hear in an in-game audio diary or text manifest like in bioshock or dead space or somethin??

the first screens looks like pseudo code for an if-statement, and look at how its appending three different names for "Alpha" - "AlphaZone3", "Alpha Test Space" and "AlphaSpace[8]". With AlphaSpace[8] being an array of 8, could it be somethin to do with the glass doors between the bowling alley and the theatre, and opening up 8 new "spaces" for us to play around with?

They have been talking about having new areas like the sports area and capcom

I'm excited now
    Last edited by saviour07; 02-21-2009 at 12:41 AM Reason: edited the different names for alpha

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    They have been talking about having new areas like the sports area and capcom
    Agreed, that they have! It will be interesting to see if the 2.7 rumors pan out, however, as everyone knows Sony won't comment on rumors and speculation in most cases so we may be in for a wait..

Home in Eiffel?

Eiffel is the only language I can find with that if... then... end structure. It also uses -- as the comment initiator.

I highly doubt home is written in Eiffel. In my uninformed opinion, both screenshots are 'hints' in a viral marketing campaign.
    Last edited by Dibblah; 02-21-2009 at 04:34 AM

cool.. Im waiting.

Cool

Cool 2.7 Firmware Update!

Thx

Sony doesn't comment on rumours well we'll have to wait. In my opinion the second screen shot seems a little strange...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    the first screens looks like pseudo code for an if-statement, and look at how its appending three different names for "Alpha" - "AlphaZone3", "Alpha Test Space" and "AlphaSpace[8]". With AlphaSpace[8] being an array of 8, could it be somethin to do with the glass doors between the bowling alley and the theatre, and opening up 8 new "spaces" for us to play around with?
    Looks like the programming language LUA to me..

Thanks! You are right. Also, it would appear from a number of places that the scripting language in Home IS lua.

Look at my crazy pictures i took with my phone while i was on home.

First:

"Jess are your there?

--------------------------------Xii is almost ready."

Second:

"Some code... just read it yourself, if u want, i'll upload bigger format picture "

THIS ISN'T FAKE, i spotted this at Playstation HOME under the updates and other news crap.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

foto045.jpg   foto046.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News