Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Speculation: GOH's E3 2009 Sony PlayStation Predictions

Sponsored Links
    Last week we read IGN AU 's E3 2009 predictions, and today Game Of Honor has shared their predictions, as follows:

The Electronic Entertainment Expo known as "E3" returns this June to its roots, set to take place in Los Angeles, California. Game Of Honor has listed what they expect at this year's expo...

New 20GB Silver PlayStation 3 Announcement

We expect Sony has been working hard on a new PlayStation 3 with a new model number and less memory, especially since Sony is releasing a silver PS3 controller in the US.

No PlayStation 3 Price Cut Announcement

Sony will announce a new PlayStation 3 model this year, and we believe it will be cheaper since its value will be reduced. It only makes sense, considering Sony is finding ways to make the console cheaper to manufacture. So that pretty much kills the rumors on any price cut announcements.

Semi-Announcement (Non Conference)

- Square Enix's next MMO unveiling at E3 2009
    Hideo Kojima unveiling Zone Of The Enders 3 at E3 2009
    - TEAM ICO unveiling Shadow Of The Colossus 2 at E3 2009

Disappointments

- NO PSP-2 Announced
    - No Final Fantasy VII Remake
    - GOD OF WAR III releasing in 2010

Agree? Disagree? Share your comments below!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I slapped the 'ol "Speculation" in the title, as even though these are predictions it seems GOH is taking a reaming already on their "New 20GB Silver PlayStation 3 Announcement" HEHE

I guess only E3 2009 will tell for sure... but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sounds good to me boos as it is speculation indeed.

Here are some predictions of mine:

-Square-Enix will continue to screw over their loyal playstation fans by delaying FFXIII to 2011 for the 360 version to be ready or even going as far as announcing a FFVII remake but for 360 (Please don't let that be true, please, please) or the opposite could be true and love for PS3 will finally bloom and the FFVII remake will come to it along with the entire catalog of PSX games for the PSN Store and PS3 versions of Star Ocean, Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant will be announces or maybe Dragon Quest for PSP, who knows, Square Enix is so screwy lately that they may switch to Iphone only games.

-Silver PS3 won't be a 20GB version but rather the new version of their 160GB which will retail at the same price the 80GB is now and the 80GB will be 50 dollars less.

-Team ICO won't reveal Shadow of the Colossus 2 but rather a new IP as a spiritual succesor to Shadow the same way ICO was.

-Hideo Kojima will reveal Project S along with Suda 51 and a small trailer for MGS5.

-Konami will finally bring the Suikoden series to PS3 with Suikoden VI.

-Riiiiiiiiidge Racer 8

-A slew of first party games including Jak and Daxter PS3, Wipeout, A new RPG by Level 5 (Dark Cloud 3 or Rogue Galaxy 2) and new games by Japan and London Studios.

-New "exclusive" by Rockstar Games (Manhunt 3, Bully 2 or Grand Theft Auto IV Vice City or something of the sort) which might go multiplatform a year later.

And I could go on and on and on, speculation is really bad because it grows so much that when the announcements finally come everyone is dissapointed and angry at how little came true.

@otarumx:
    lol @ "Square Enix is so screwy lately that they may switch to Iphone only games"
    And I could go on and on and on, speculation is really bad because it grows so much that when the announcements finally come everyone is dissapointed and angry at how little came true.
    well if it's so bad, then why did you speculate in the first place ?

I think GOH's speculation is just stupid.. first, they keep increasing disk size, they released 160GB so why would they release a 20GB model??? also, 20GB are now probably more expensive than 160GB! disk space is so cheap right now...

About the less memory, less functional PS3 in order to cut the price that's also BS.. Sony are very confident in their product and they want it to be expensive and stay expensive (it actually isn't, it's the cheapest of all considering what comes with it).. their plan is "make everyone aware of the value that comes with the price" and not "cut the price to sell more consoles"...

Also, all the speculation about less memory and no bluray and all that is just stupid because it would just kill the console.. what's the point of saying "buy this console with less memory but you probably won't be able to play any games other than PSN games.. or for stuff like killzone 2, you'll get 5 FPS.."

+ RAM is really cheap now too...

My 0.02 CAD.

Quote Originally Posted by kakarotoks View Post

Also, all the speculation about less memory and no bluray and all that is just stupid because it would just kill the console.. what's the point of saying "buy this console with less memory but you probably won't be able to play any games other than PSN games.. or for stuff like killzone 2, you'll get 5 FPS.."

+ RAM is really cheap now too...

My 0.02 CAD.
    You're absolutely right. No Blu-ray is the death of the PS3. The games come on BLURAY discs. It's simple. They can't go backwards now, after spending the last two+ years making Bluray the official HD medium. I doubt a price cut but they are surely finding ways to make the console cheaper that is for sure. No idea on how though.

Quote Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
    You're absolutely right. No Blu-ray is the death of the PS3. The games come on BLURAY discs. It's simple. They can't go backwards now, after spending the last two+ years making Bluray the official HD medium. I doubt a price cut but they are surely finding ways to make the console cheaper that is for sure. No idea on how though.
    i agree with you, how can sony go backwords after all that they have stated is about how the blu ray memory expansion is a good thing..

OMG, that PS3 has fingerprints on it!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News