Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony's PS3 and PSP to Get Skinny PSN Applications Store

Sponsored Links
    It's been both rumored and in development for quite some time, and now [Register or Login to view links] has confirmed that Sony's PS3 and PSP are indeed getting a 'skinny' PSN applications store.

Dubbed skinny, the SDK tool is a simple yet effective means for content holders to put their intellectual property on the PlayStation platforms without software development.

Skinny consists of an authoring tool and a native client runtime for PS3 and PSP developers.

To quote: "Skinny is "ideal" for "strategy guides, game maps, cheats, training manuals, episodic videos, eBooks and eMagazines" and consists of a web-based editor/authouring tool and a software client for both the PS3 and PSP.

The user creations still require submission to Sony for approval, but this will quickly pave the way for lots of mini-apps on the PlayStation Store."

Sony's PS3 and PSP to Get Skinny PSN Applications Store

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Now if only the psp had a keyboard addon and a better browser for both psp/ps3..

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    ? better browser for psp wouldnt really be possible ps3 maybe but sony would have to either make it in-house or have an aggrement with some other browser's company so IE is out of the question anyways this might actually mean infinite caps in fallout 3 LOL or something of the like idk hope this does well seeing as its pretty damn nifty if i say so myself.

Skinny

This idea has a nice ring to it, but with details being patchy at the moment we must spare ourselves of unnecessary excitement as this may turn out to be an interesting inaccessible gimmick. If I have got this right, right from my living room I can put together a power point like presentation and play it on the PS3. If this idea is included in what Skinny is capable of doing then I have reason to be excited. However the last sentence is a cup of chilling water as it says whatever can be done will have to be approved by Sony??

Quote Originally Posted by MMBtalk View Post
    This idea has a nice ring to it, but with details being patchy at the moment we must spare ourselves of unnecessary excitement as this may turn out to be an interesting inaccessible gimmick. If I have got this right, right from my living room I can put together a power point like presentation and play it on the PS3. If this idea is included in what Skinny is capable of doing then I have reason to be excited. However the last sentence is a cup of chilling water as it says whatever can be done will have to be approved by Sony??
    i do not believe powerpoint or any m$ program files will be accessible through skinny. from what i understand it is for simple, low power apps made with a web programming protocol. and having the app approved by sony is no different than apple approving all the apps on their store. this is done to make sure that no "questionable" content is released and that the apps will not harm any system due to malicious programming or that the programmers will not put in any code to steal psn ids and passwords. i approve of sony approving apps. i just hope that it is actually feasible for users to generate their own apps to release.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News