Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony's PS3 Motion Controller Wand Patent Reveals Attachments

Sponsored Links
    A recent [Register or Login to view links] filed by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. has revealed what are believed to be some attachments for Sony's upcoming Motion Controller Wand PS3 accessory.

To quote: "The patent for an "Expandable Control Device Via Hardware Attachment" touches on a number of control options. According to details from the patent, Sony's motion controller may offer the option to join two motion control units together lengthwise or in an H-shape.

And as pictured above, a unique, secondary controller attachment may offer a solution to the one DualShock in one hand, one motion controller in the other hand scheme seen at Sony's Tokyo Game Show press conference.

Other potentially interesting add-on possibilities are attachments shaped like a baseball bat, a the business end of a flashlight and a rattle-like sphere that's very maraca like.

Perhaps more interesting is a proposed biometric reader attachment, including a "thumb reader used to validate the identity of the person holding the controller by analyzing the biometric data provided by the attachment."

Additional possibilities included microphone attachments and swappable control faceplates-letting the player customize whether a motion controller has buttons or a d-pad or even a dial."

Sony's PS3 Motion Controller Wand Patent Reveals Attachments

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links

WTF?

Sponsored Links
    Looks like some sort of alien anal probing device

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck1707 View Post
    Looks like some sort of alien anal probing device
    I was kinda thinking more like the images in the human resource exploitation manual in the movie "The Box."

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I posted this in the "PS3 News" forum (sources included), but it was deleted after a few minutes. What happened?

I thought there was a problem with the thread, maybe it was violating some of the forum's rules... so I didn't complain. but now it's posted again?

anyway... going back to the topic... I can't wait for the release!

Quote Originally Posted by dc740 View Post
    I posted this in the "PS3 News" forum (sources included), but it was deleted after a few minutes. What happened?

I thought there was a problem with the thread, maybe it was violating some of the forum's rules... so I didn't complain. but now it's posted again?

anyway... going back to the topic... I can't wait for the release!
    No, the issue was due to the system we use. It gets "messy" trying to link a new frontpage news post with an existing forum thread, so it is easier to just re-post it.

If you have news, please submit it here.

Sorry about that issue, +REP for your original post though!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    If you have news, please submit it here.
    Correct, that is why in each Forum next to "New Thread" we have a "Post News" button as well.

News belongs in the Site News not the Forum, then it gets copied over to the Forum under the original poster's name for discussion... that is how the Site works basically. It's explained in the "Notice" that all Newbie class users see as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Correct, that is why in each Forum next to "New Thread" we have a "Post News" button as well.

News belongs in the Site News not the Forum, then it gets copied over to the Forum under the original poster's name for discussion... that is how the Site works basically. It's explained in the "Notice" that all Newbie class users see as well.
    Sorry. My mistake. I didn't see the Notice. It won't happen again.
    Last edited by dc740; 12-09-2009 at 07:04 PM

if you hooked up 2 pseyes, could your PS3 see you in 3D? and hello Starwars lightsaber game with HD graphics

With the way that LucasArts handled the PC version of Force Unleashed, I doubt that we can expect a patch to enable this upcoming device/feature

This pic looks really strange... but im going to buy the motion controller. Its a great idea like wii and with better games

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News