Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony's PlayStation TV

Sponsored Links
    October 26, 2006 - Following up on earlier reports of a nation-wide tour that would see PlayStation 3 demo units set up at retailers throughout Japan prior to the system's 11/11 launch, Sony Computer Entertainment announced today a new marketing tool for the system: PlayStation TV.

PlayStation TV is the name Sony has given to PS3 retail kiosks. The kiosks consist of a 60 gigabyte PS3 unit, a high-definition LCD monitor and a couple of controllers.

[Register or Login to view links]

Sony will use PlayStation TV to show off the various functionality that comes built into every PS3. Four sections are accessible from the Cross Media Bar on the kiosks.

GAMES
    PS3 demo titles, housed on the hard disk, can be played under this section, with each demo selectable via its own thumbnail.

VIDEO
    Promotional videos for PS3 software can be viewed here, directly off the PS3 hard disk.

PHOTO
    Photos stored on the hard disk can be viewed under this category, individually and as part of a slide show set to music.

MUSIC
    Listen to music stored on the hard disk as a visualizer floods the screen with high definition effects.

Initially, PlayStation TV units will come stocked with playable demos for Devil May Cry 4, Power Smash 3, Gran Turismo HD and Ridge Racer 7. The video section will house 30 clips. New content will be periodically added via network updates.

The PlayStation TV kiosks will begin appearing at retailers at the end of October, eventually making it, as promised, into 1000 shops throughout Japan. We presume the major shops in Tokyo will be among the first to get units, so check back shortly for impressions.

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can't wait to put my hands on the ps3

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wow, i wonder what the dimensions of that screen is. it looks friKin sweet.

wonder what the cost'll be =/ if its decent i might consider saving up for one.

Quote Originally Posted by cureo View Post
    wow, i wonder what the dimensions of that screen is. it looks friKin sweet.

wonder what the cost'll be =/ if its decent i might consider saving up for one.
    I think you might have missed the point. These are the retail display units (aren't they?) - they are not for sale!

(Unless i've missed the point)

PSPSwampy.

Just a wild guess but they are Sony Bravia hi def series TV sets.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News