Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13



  1. #1
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,854
    Sponsored Links

    Sony's New PS3 Motion Controller is 'Army Accurate'

    Sponsored Links
    In an [Register or Login to view links] with Eurogamer following the Develop Conference, Kish Hirani and SCEE's vice president of research and development, Paul Holman, shared just how accurate the upcoming PS3 Motion Controller is.

    To quote: The controller, reports Sony, is incredibly accurate.

    "What most people are really surprised about is the precision," Sony's Kish Hirani, head of developer services, tells game site Eurogamer.

    "It's scarily good. The army has had this sort of technology for a long time, so a lot of academians have seen these things, but when you see a consumer space device with this level of accuracy - that's when developers say, 'Wow.'"

    Something else that might make developers say "wow"? It's possible to set the color of the controller's light up ball.

    "I'm not a games designer, but if I was I might use it as a muzzle flash if you're using a gun, or use it as a paintbrush you can use to dip in and pick up different colors," Hirani adds.

    "There's always room for wizards..." Color could also come in handy for when four of these controllers are used at once. Another tidbit? The new controller will have buttons!

    Sony's New PS3 Motion Controller is 'Army Accurate'

    More PlayStation 3 News...

  2. #2
    Registered User akdm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow! I can't wait for this to be released.

  3. #3
    Registered User Rocky5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    46
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    One thing i have noticed about this is it uses red and green colours probably more so does this mean if i ware a green or red shirt this will effect the performance of this nice tool.

    just my thoughts as in the videos they all ware generic colours so not sure don't want to spend alot of money on these things to find out if i ware my red top i have to use green or some other colour.

  4. #4
    Senior Member saviour07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky5 View Post
    One thing i have noticed about this is it uses red and green colours probably more so does this mean if i ware a green or red shirt this will effect the performance of this nice tool.
    It's more likely that there is a standard RGB set of led's inside the motion sensor ball, so by default the ball is either red, greeen or blue and from these three it can make a number of other colours for multi player features or for what was described in the article as different coloured paints on a paintbrush or a muzzle flash from a gun.

    I highly doubt that the colour of the ball (or your shirt) effects the overall performance or the accuracy of the ps3mote, and is more of an asthetic feature and a means of differentiating between player 1 through 7 (basis or 7 players is from amount of ps3 controllers allowed at once)

    hope that kinda answers ya question.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Preceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    146
    First of all, sorry guys, don't want to offend anyone here and I just want to express my opinion. Now, why the heck does the ps3 need a motion controller? Sony will never get the wii audience for a number of reasons (And I'm not a wii fanboy, i own a ps3, not a wii and i hate the wii btw).

    First of all the will has a design that is more palatable for the general audience. It's small, more compact and fits tighter places. The ps3 is gigantic (the ps3 slim doesn't seem that much small either).

    Second, it's cheap. It goes for about 220 dollars while sony doesn't get the ps3 price bellow 400 dollars.

    Third, the wii has the worst library of games I've ever seen, and most of them are family designed games (that's a plus for the wii family popularity btw). And finally and most important of all, the wii has the stigma of being a family console while the ps3 is a hardcore gamers console. And sorry, but that's a lot, and I like it that way .

    And, frankly what the hell... I like playing my games sitting on my couch, eating my pizzas and drinking my sodas... If I want to exercise I will go swim or something like that.

    Well, cheers guys.
    Last edited by Preceptor; 07-21-2009 at 02:46 PM

  6. #6
    Junior Member makere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Preceptor View Post
    Third, the wii has the worst library of games I've ever seen, and most of them are family designed games (that's a plus for the wii family popularity btw).
    Have you even seen the Wii games library if you say it's the worst you've seen? I own all the current generation consoles, and I'd say PSP has the worst games library of them, and Wii would be near top imho, No More Heroes, Zelda Twilight, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Muramasa, Okami, just to name few great games on Wii.

    Most of good PS3 games are available on x360 also, not enough exclusives, MGS5 and GT5 being the few I can think of (that aren't FPS clones with shinier graphics).
    Last edited by makere; 07-21-2009 at 04:14 PM

  7. #7
    Registered User MajinRanma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by makere View Post
    Have you even seen the Wii games library if you say it's the worst you've seen? I own all the current generation consoles, and I'd say PSP has the worst games library of them, and Wii would be near top imho, No More Heroes, Zelda Twilight, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Muramasa, Okami, just to name few great games on Wii.

    Most of good PS3 games are available on x360 also, not enough exclusives, MGS5 and GT5 being the few I can think of (that aren't FPS clones with shinier graphics).
    I won't argue that PS3 really doesn't need motion sensor games right now seeing how they can't even get their old PS2 fancore people to buy invest into the PS3. But seriously SNES and N64. Now those were good nintendo systems. Saying Wii would be near top tells me you're very narrow minded. Or you can only 'see' one type of genre/gaming and say its the only games that are our there.

    Wii does not have any good games besides the ones you have mentioned. Wii has too many crap games to be considered near top. There are too many dog games, too many princess games. They keep producing games that are too novelty. The PSP has its corebase mostly from PS2 and PS1. With new titles from all their favorite games from old SNES or PS1/2 games. But it still doesn't beat the DS. The DS just has just too many good good titles.

    BTW, I don't own a Wii or PS3. Right now they both suck honestly. PS3 just needs more games. They need more titles to fill in the blanks during the times that Squar- Enix is releasing games. (KH3)

  8. #8
    Senior Member saviour07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    372
    Owner of a wii or not, please leave the fanboyism at the door.

    This thread is a discussion about the ps3mote and not the library of games that any of the platforms have or will have.

    *back on topic*

    I believe that although the wii has it's foot firmly in the door when it comes to motion controlling games, that there is still room for sony to wedge a foot in there and gain a (albeit small) chunk too. With the success off guitar hero, singstar, buzz, and rockband, it is my honest opinion that the ps3mote should be welcomed into the ps3 peripheral family.

    While non of these games are "hardcore" it is stil unclear as to what direction the ps3mote's games may take, and it may still appeal to the hardcore audience as opposed to the "casual" or "family" gamer.
    eg. time crisis, house of the dead, "on-the-rail-shooter".

    Another direction maybe for psn downloadable games to utilise the feature of motion sensing control, thereby not forcing the purchase of a ps3mote for a more "commercially" designed game.

    These are just opinions and ideas that i can think of right now, more may come to me if the fanboyism continues

  9. #9
    Registered User Bugauga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4
    I'm just wandering here.. how come they know what kind of technology the army has? Maybe it's nothing like this, maybe it's something different, that does something else, maybe it has a laser like thing that instantly blows the head of the enemy

    IMHO that 'Army Accurate' is just to give more hype to the motion controller.

    How good it will be we don't know, because if it's 'Army Accurate' I doubt that even 10% of the players have that good coordination to use it properly which can lead to a very poor usability of the motion controller.

  10. #10
    Junior Member makere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by MajinRanma View Post
    I won't argue that PS3 really doesn't need motion sensor games right now seeing how they can't even get their old PS2 fancore people to buy invest into the PS3. But seriously SNES and N64. Now those were good nintendo systems. Saying Wii would be near top tells me you're very narrow minded. Or you can only 'see' one type of genre/gaming and say its the only games that are our there.

    Wii does not have any good games besides the ones you have mentioned. Wii has too many crap games to be considered near top. There are too many dog games, too many princess games. They keep producing games that are too novelty. The PSP has its corebase mostly from PS2 and PS1. With new titles from all their favorite games from old SNES or PS1/2 games. But it still doesn't beat the DS. The DS just has just too many good good titles.

    BTW, I don't own a Wii or PS3. Right now they both suck honestly. PS3 just needs more games. They need more titles to fill in the blanks during the times that Squar- Enix is releasing games. (KH3)
    Sorry meant the library of current generation systems, I agree on SNES and PS2 etc having better and more games.

    Anyways, back to the topic, if that picture is correct, the PS3 motion controller looks more horrid than the "original" PS3 controller and "army accurate" sounds like marketing BS.

 

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News