Sony's Jack Buser Discusses PlayStation Home's 2008 Launch

PlayStation Home director Jack Buser was recently asked if Home is definitely going to launch this year. "It's imminent. We haven't announced a specific date but we will make a public announcement." he replied.

Buser also went onto say that Home is going to be a very different experience maybe, six, twelve months down the line compared to what you see on day one.

To quote from the Gamasutra interview:

And Home is definitely going to launch this year?

JB: it's imminent. We haven't announced a specific date but we will make a public announcement.

It has suffered many delays already, of course.

JB: When you think about PlayStation Home you really have to think of it, as I've said before, as a massive undertaking. We've been trying to create something that really has never been done before.

But we're now at the point where we've created the platform, third-parties are creating content for the platform, and yeah, we have executed on our vision and we're standing in a really good place with it and we will launch this year.

The platform is really strong. It's going to allow us to scale very organically with all the content that third parties are going to be adding -- you're really going to see PlayStation Home evolve over time.

When you go into PlayStation Home it's going to be a very different experience maybe, six, twelve months down the line compared to what you see on day one. More PlayStation 3 News...

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    When you go into PlayStation Home it's going to be a very different experience maybe, six, twelve months down the line compared to what you see on day one.
    I think I'm willing to believe that. Look what Sony's done with PS3 firmware updates. It'd be nice if they were able to accelerate their schedule a bit, though.