Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony's Filmy Application for High-Definition Videos Hits PSN

Sponsored Links
    PlayStation Network Director of Marketing Brandon Stander has announced today that Sony's Filmy application for high-definition videos is hitting PSN.

To quote: PlayStation Network users will be excited to hear that we have just introduced a new movie viewing application from Sony Corporation exclusively on PSN.

The new application, called Filmy, allows easy organization and viewing of AVCHD video recorded with Sony cameras on PlayStation 3.

With Filmy, you can enjoy smooth operability and easy video playback of your AVCHD videos. Simply connect an AVCHD-recordable camera to your PS3 with the USB cable, and you can view those high-definition AVCHD videos right on your TV.

The Filmy application is available in the media category within the PlayStation Store as a free trial version that allows you to operate full features for 15 minutes and also as a paid version that unlocks all content functionality for $5 USD. Once downloaded, Filmy will install under the Video icon of your XMB.

The Filmy application is yet another innovative offering on PSN as we continue to expand your entertainment options, including games, movies, TV shows, sports and content that just can't be found anywhere else.

Check out the free trial, and you'll see for yourself just how enjoyable it can be to watch high definition movies on PSN.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is also for European PSN right? Because we also don't have netflix here but VidZone and the USA doesnt have that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    lol so only AVCHD files that came from a Sony camera are compatible? why isn't it free

Wow, pay if you want more features? We already paid for features you took from us (i.e. OtherOS). Go screw yourself sony, I got my Linux back now... LMAO.

this is pointless. they release this right after the jailbreak?! multiman does the same thing.. FOR FREE.

and why won't they implement a .mkv compatibility?

psn is takeing hacks apps and saying it is theirs, they are copying the program data and changing it to their way. that is messed up. look at it lol

Seriously? I'm almost certain ALL camcorders nowadays have both RCA and/or HDMI hookups build into themselves... then you would just plug it into your tv and BAM! $5 well saved. Sony is a god damn joke.

i thought almost the same thing, most video cameras now have video out connections built right in. maybe there are editing features or something else "useful" programmed in that would be worth $5. i can't say that i'll ever find out as i have no need for this kind of app.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News