Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Registered User MasterCrucifier's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSUfan View Post
    way too little, way too late. Didn't bother doing anything like this when people uproared over otherOS removal.

To release this half arsed sandbox to play in now reeks of desperation and ineptitude, but people who are devs will do a full hack not the waterdowned move stuff.

And the others are right about kinectix if it wasnt being such a hit being ported and used for other stuff they wouldnt attempt this.

sony be proactive, not reactive.
    Why would anyone what to do this with the move as if someone finds a hole in the program and allows Dev's to do other things with the PS3. Sony will remove the move compatibility from the ps3?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I agree with the comments about this being too little too late, but its good to see a move (if somewhat at knife point) in the right (ish) direction.

Personally i can't wait to see Kinect+Move homebrew apps on the PS3 (unrestricted by greed... erm i mean Sony of course).

Oh and another thing - why the hell would you want to have a PS3 running as a server just to use Move? Surely they would have been better off providing USB (eye) & Bluetooth (Move controller) drivers for the PC, thus removing the restriction of requiring a PS3 too - oh yeah, greed (i mean sony) again

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post
    Oh and another thing - why the hell would you want to have a PS3 running as a server just to use Move? Surely they would have been better off providing USB (eye) & Bluetooth (Move controller) drivers for the PC, thus removing the restriction of requiring a PS3 too - oh yeah, greed (i mean sony) again
    I guess Sony don't want anyone to write applications solely for the PC, but then again open source drivers for the PS eye and Move are already in the wild for the PC lol.

I was tempted to try use the the PSeye and move for a little project i'm working on now (kinect was a little too bulky) for uni but instead just went for a beagleboard and 2 webcams because it was cheaper and they're a lot less likely to randomly sue me and confiscate my equipment because they aren't fans of my project or simply don't understand it.

Sony just like to pretend that they help the small time developers and students but I don't think they're fooling anyone anymore.

I can some up the empire's attempt at a truce in one word. LAME!

Sony's Move.me = fail, the only way to use this is to have the PS3 act as a server. Obviously this is to prevent people from hacking directly into the system and learning it's secrets. But in the process, Sony makes everything 10x more inefficient and cumbersome.

Kinect's open source drivers are NATIVE windows/linux drivers which means that developers get direct access to the hardware without an inbetween "server".

If developers had to choose between the two systems, its obvious which is going to win.

too little too late, and way too much greed.

That's not very impressive... :S Kinect is better than move even if ps3 is better than xbox.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News