Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not to forget DC Universe Online.

I know it's for PC as well, But if Sony was Microsoft they would claim it as an exclusive as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    I'm obviously talking about how long until a new console replaces it when I say life cycle, not how long it remains in production. If you want to use that as a standard then why not bring up processors from the 1970s that are still in production?

The PS1 was launched December 1994, the PS2 March 2000 and the PS3 November 2006. That's not a 10 year cycle. There will be a PS4 likely in 2013.

As for your comparison to a Ferrari, how about you go tell that gibberish someone who doesn't know anything about hardware? If a PS3 is a Ferrari then my old computer which I gave away is one of the most advanced starships in the multiverse. Yes there are butchered ports which don't make use of the Cell's SPEs, then there are games which completely max out the PS3 and end up with terrible frame rates because of a lack of power. The hardware is ancient.
    you mean games like Killzone 2? Uncharted 2?? God Of war 3?? completely maxed out??

God of war 3 dev said they reached 50 percent of PS3.

so please, if you don't know anything, just stay quiet. btw, CoD Black op only uses half the ps3 ram.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I had to replace my old samsung 32" 720p 60hz because killzone2 and gow 3 runned badly on my tv, the ps3 really is pushing the limits. Strangely uncharted 2 was okay played from start to finish on my old lcd but gow3 and k2 I really couldn't play like that.

I hope more games like those two come out that are really heavy on graphics and motion.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    I had to replace my old samsung 32" 720p 60hz because killzone2 and gow 3 runned badly on my tv, the ps3 really is pushing the limits. Strangely uncharted 2 was okay played from start to finish on my old lcd but gow3 and k2 I really couldnt play like that.

I hope more games like those two come out that are really heavy on graphics and motion.
    yea there are tons of games like that coming out in 2011.

Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Killzone 3 are basically guaranteed amazing graphics that you can't see on multiplat titles.

please post a reputable link that details which games "max out" the ps3's power. if you think the ps3 hardware is ancient, which wasn't even developed until 2001, i'd hate to hear what you have to say about the 360's hardware. which by the way, was designed years earlier.

as far as newer consoles replacing older consoles as a measure of life cycle, you are totally wrong. just because a new console comes out does not mean that the previous console "dies" on that day. when something new comes out in technology there is always and adoption period. and during that adoption period the previous console/technology/whatever is still viable and valid. if the ps3 came out in 2006 that means that the ps2's life cycle ended in 2006 right? not hardly, as games were still made and released for the ps2 until sometime in 2009.

when windows vista came out did xp die right away? hell no! people still used xp. just because a company comes out and says that their new technology is here and will replace their old technology does not mean that the new technology will replace the old technology. it's up to the consumers/users to decide if the new stuff will actually replace the old stuff.

It's not just the graphics, its the motion, the stuff thats going on screen, not so old LCDs and I mean by that 2 - 3 year old lcds cant handle all the stuff thats going on on screen. Thats why I say they are pushing the limits but of the tvs hehehe. Remember its not the same having a 1080p still image or not so fast image at 1080p than having a fast action sequence at 1080p.

Killzone 3 will definitely be hard on moving objects, motion and speedy cameras, infamous I don't know probably uncharted will do also be good too.
    Last edited by adrianc1982; 01-11-2011 at 05:40 PM

Neo is a joke. Get a good tv and look close at GoW3. You will never see anything like it on the xbox. Isn't that a strong enough argument to leave it at that?

You people are nuts, a state simple facts and you go berserk as if I shot your family. When I say the hardware is weak and old you go crazy as if it was a personal attack, don't accept plain reality then. Go use 8086s for all I care with monochrome CRTs, saying their life cycles are not over.
    Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    please post a reputable link that details which games "max out" the ps3's power. if you think the ps3 hardware is ancient, which wasn't even developed until 2001, i'd hate to hear what you have to say about the 360's hardware. which by the way, was designed years earlier.

as far as newer consoles replacing older consoles as a measure of life cycle, you are totally wrong. just because a new console comes out does not mean that the previous console "dies" on that day. when something new comes out in technology there is always and adoption period. and during that adoption period the previous console/technology/whatever is still viable and valid. if the ps3 came out in 2006 that means that the ps2's life cycle ended in 2006 right? not hardly, as games were still made and released for the ps2 until sometime in 2009.
    Google, ever heard of it? Use it. What does the 360 to do with anything here, we're talking about the life of the PS3 then as soon as someone doesn't praise the PS3 you go ape.

If you must know the 360's CPU cores were based/developed based on Cell's PPE, as in developed after the Cell was. The GPU in the 360 is based on technology that was released around the same time as the GeForce 7800 series (what the RSX is) but is far more powerful, it was the first publicly available item that used unified shaders, basically a proto Radeon HD 2900 XT. And yes, the 360's hardware is also absolutely ancient and obsolete.

Had your fill of information not relevant to this discussion yet?

As for releases after the hardware has been superseded, sparse releases hardly mean anything. The Dreamcast had a game released in 2010, are you going to tell me it had a 12 year life cycle? Or perhaps you'll say its life cycle isn't over since there might be a game released for it in 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRaZE View Post
    Neo is a joke. Get a good tv and look close at GoW3. You will never see anything like it on the xbox. Isn't that a strong enough argument to leave it at that?
    How about this to keep things short: That's completely and utterly irrelevant.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 01-11-2011 at 09:43 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol. so jealous that PS3 games dominates xboxes. hahaha
    Last edited by pig098; 01-12-2011 at 01:30 AM

This lineup looks solid to me, especially Uncharted 3, Heroes Paradise and LitteBigPlanet 2. I haven't really thought about the PS4 or anything like that, seems to me PS3 has a good bit of time left.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News