Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Unaware of Any Slow PlayStation 3 PSN Download Speeds

Sponsored Links
    Gamers and journalists alike have complained about the slow download speeds on PSN. "I would say PSN is generally slower than other services, especially wireless," says Chris Morell, senior editor and PlayStation liaison at GamePro.

However, Sony's director of communications Patrick Seybold has responded by saying that he hasn't noticed this at all, and "I have both [a 360 and Wii] at home and downloads are comparable if not slightly quicker for PS3. Of course, that's just my experience."

To quote: Two weeks ago, it took a frustrating six hours to download WarGames from the PlayStation Store, all while my PC, Powerbook, 360, and Wii enjoyed fast, uninterrupted wireless transfers. This was slower than normal, but I typically suffer less-than-desirable wait times for PS3 demos and system updates as well. (I get 15 mbps down in my area courtesy of Comcast, by the way.)

"I would say PSN is generally slower than other services, especially wireless," says Chris Morell, senior editor and PlayStation liaison at GamePro. "I switched to wired, which is better, but it took me a long time to download the new Ratchet and Clank the other night, despite my ridiculous 32 mbps down."

A quick Google search reveals the same, that several other users have experienced slow PSN downloads, including members of the Official PlayStation Forums.

"I haven't noticed this at all," said Patrick Seybold, director of corporate communications for Sony Computer Entertainment, when asked by GamePro about the issue. "I have both [a 360 and Wii] at home and downloads are comparable if not slightly quicker for PS3. Of course, that's just my experience." More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My downloads are pretty slow.. gettin used to it now tho

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Another "PSN is slow" news. Same thing as before: it depends on many factor. Sony can't do anything if an ISP can't connect very well to Sony's servers.

On my side, PSN downloads are lightning fast!

I agree with BigBlarg... It depends on many factors...

I'm living here in Germany and my Downloads are almost fullspeed (16mbit)...

Registered User wicked insanity's Avatar
    Yeah my downloads are pretty slow, it takes around 5 seconds per MB. But when playing games online, things are great... I don't think there is really much they can do to solve the issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News