Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think it's sony's fault, because the same happend to me with Tekken 6.. and my brother with Motorstorm.

3 completly different game companies and all are making the same mistakte that the console gets inoparable? i don't think so.

Sony should fix this bugs or insert sub routines for prevending those problems instead of blaming other companies for their dumb programmers...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can really assume from the report I read that the 5 million dollars was for all the PS3's that were damaged.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As the guy a couple posts back said that most of them hadn't used it in a environment with proper ventilation or they changed the system itself by putting in a 7200 rpm drive which will in ff13's case will bring it to death heh

As this is a class action lawsuit, the 5 million dollars would be spread out over all those affected, which could be quite a lot. Even if it wasn't, $ony and the rest of the RIAA frequently get unreasonable damages when they sue people (wasn't it like 20 million for 10 songs?). It appears to me the S-E or $ony was negligent here if this is a widespread issue. Even if it is due to 7200RPM drives, that modification is officially supported by $ony.

As for me, I'm glad I played the 360 version

I had a 3 month old slim that broke while playing that game. It wouldn't play any other disc after a game of FF13 froze on me. had to send it in for a free replacement. Lost some game saves that weren't transferable. It's bull that a piece of software sold as a retail game could cause damage to the system that it was intended being played on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    As this is a class action lawsuit, the 5 million dollars would be spread out over all those affected, which could be quite a lot. Even if it wasn't, $ony and the rest of the RIAA frequently get unreasonable damages when they sue people (wasn't it like 20 million for 10 songs?). It appears to me the S-E or $ony was negligent here if this is a widespread issue. Even if it is due to 7200RPM drives, that modification is officially supported by $ony.

As for me, I'm glad I played the 360 version
    Totally agree with you dude - i can't believe everyone else moaning about this - it is 5million for a CLASS ACTION afterall. (Still a lot in my opinion, but then again it depends how many PS3's are actually affected)

Also worth pointing out the fact that this can only be SONY's fault - the developers have severe restrictions on what they can/can't do due to that annoying hypervisor issue - therefore sony MUST be at fault because they're specifically allowing dev's access to something which is causing the problem.

If it's related to replacement hard drives, which are allowed by sony then again it is sony's fault.

Anyway - that's my thoughts on this. It's only an opinion, so please treat it as such.

PSPSwampy.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News