Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Talking about getting account, I have an Japanese psn account that I got, and I am not even living in Japan... I don't even remember what I put in the address field to get an JPN PSN account (shhh!) talking about how easy to get a psn account oversea...

I was referring to the social security number that user mentioned

Yea, who cares. Korean psn is down? Log on a jap one, or an american one, better, it's in english, and you will find billion of players too

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomy View Post
    Totally true. For nearly every internet game. May you explain me how i have a korean account and i play with it? I'm not korean

Ever been in korea?
    Yes, i have been in Korea. And i'm going back this December.

You can get around it if you're smart enough, but now, they check names more and more (new method) so its harder to get around it.
    Or you have to usurp identity, which is a crime and can be severely punished, not worth it for a video game if you ask me.

To be honest, i made that account on 2006, or maybe 2007, and i don't remember any social security number at all.

Today maybe is improved? Didn't check. I just created it for take a look on korean PSN store and download videos/demos, years ago.
    A crime is a misuse of it, not just take a look on store. Every account registered with fake informations is a "crime" reading EULA.

Just explaining the korean PSN registration, nothing more

Actually i don't know about PSN in Korea, never created a Korean PSN account.

But i do know that usually Korea uses that method for every online service.

That's absolutely true. Korea rule about it. Wondering when this kind of method will be used worldwide

Over all, a way of play will always be possible, either from korea, just using an american account. Only way to fix it, is reading the user ip. If ip is korean, no PSN access , either using an american account

absolutely ridiculous.. i've never heard anything so stupid.. log in with a fake age account, nanny state.. LOL

did sth korean govert "force" sony to do this.. buy not allowing there products to be sold in that country or something, i can't see sony doing something for the good of humanity if they lose money over it.. LOL

Maybe you have no idea what videogames are for koreans young players. It's a faith, like manga for japan.

Don't be so surprised if they are trying to help those guys to not be sick at school, and exhausted, playing an entire night, instead of sleep ready for the next day doing something profitable

Governments and companies shouldn't have to supplement for bad parents. It sounds like Sony just bent over and took it.

If you had to be over 16 to use PSN in the U.S, only 1 tenths of the people playing CoD now would still be playing after the rule is applied.

But I still don't understand the reason for this, I know they have to do this because of the new Korean law, but what's the point of this Law?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast