Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony to Shift Towards PS4 When Developers Finish with PS3

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida told Eurogamer.net (linked above) that they plan to shift to the next-generation PS4 console once developers can't get anything else out of the PlayStation 3 console.

As previously reported, the PlayStation 4 is also expected to launch after Microsoft's new XBox console currently slated for 2013.

To quote: "Sony will launch its next generation home console when developers are unable to improve the games they make, a senior executive at the company has said.

When that happens, Sony will have to "seriously consider" launching the PlayStation 4, worldwide studios boss Shuhei Yoshida told Eurogamer.

"Looking at the platform cycle, when the platform becomes something game developers are not able to improve their creations with, that's the time we have to really seriously consider shifting to the next generation," Yoshida said.

While Microsoft is rumored to be preparing to launch its new Xbox in 2013, we've heard little about Sony's next home console.

Sony has insisted its focus is on the PS3, which recently enjoyed a price cut, and the PS Vita, due out in Europe early next year.

Game publishers, generally, agree that the introduction of the next generation is not needed. In January THQ core games boss Danny Bilson told Eurogamer the introduction of new hardware now "would be horrible."

"As far as we are concerned, we have no desire now to do that (release a new home console)," Yoshida said.

"Gamers always need something new and more exciting. If they're seeing just similar types of games coming year after year, they will quickly lose their interest.

"Looking like that, when you see games coming out on PS3, both the traditional type of games as well as new kind of games using PS Move, there is a lot more we can do from the game development standpoint.

"So as long as we and our developers can create new experiences that are more exciting to consumers, I see no need to transition into newer generation."

Sony to Shift Towards PS4 When Developers Finish with PS3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I like that system look, the controller looks awesome.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's just a PS4 concept render but it's not bad... I actually like THIS one a little better myself although it doesn't seem too practical.

it does look kool, i like it more than that other concept one.. will be kool to see what it look like.

i'd love to see a ps4 and new xbox..n ot sure if i'll go with sony again.. my decision will be made on price, launch titles and hardware comparison.

i still wish i could get a lot more out of my ps3.. i guess that's why they dropped the price again recently, to get rid of all the stock to make way for the ps4.

My guess is the next XBox (720?) will be cheaper than the PS4, but I'll still be sticking to the PlayStation 4 although I must admit I will NOT look forward to standing in line to get one.

I think theres a couple years more in the ps3, I mean great storys and gameplay can be achieved with a mature console, in fact most of the greatests games come out when developers have matured development on a console. So the best games are yet to come, we still haven't seen that many rpgs on the ps3.

Yup 2013 seems to be more viable for nextgen consoles.

To be honest I really don't think people want to shell out the money for a new PlayStation yet. I know it's been several years now but I still feel like I'd rather stay with what we have now than buy another 600$ system at the moment.

It seems like its just now finally getting into a good price range for most people anyway.

If they want to milk the PS3 out then I say go for it. We'll get our monies worth that way at least. By that time they should be able to make a nice advancement at a reasonable price range.

If it wasn't for the XBOX we probably would have never gotten in-game XMB. If it's one thing they need to do, it's seriously consider more RAM in their next console.

I'm impressed they are able to make games look as good as Killzone 3, God of War, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 13 etc with 512MB of memory.

Imagine what they could have done with some decent memory wiggle room to work with...

i heard that the next gen consoles will have games with graphics comparable with avatar the movie..that would be awesome..
    still i also hope trhe best games are yet to be released for the ps3.bring on bf3!!

That's about two years to get saving for the guaranteed high launch price.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News