Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Sells 440,000 PS3 Slim Systems During Thanksgiving Week

Sponsored Links
    Sony's PlayStation 3 Slim entertainment system seems to be picking up the pace this holiday season, as VentureBeat.com (linked above) reports that 440,000 PS3 consoles were sold during Thanksgiving Week this year.

It appears Sony's Blu-ray Movie, PS3 Slim Bundle and HD Entertainment promotional campaigns are paying off indeed.

To quote from SCEA's Sr. Director of Corporate Communications and Social Media Patrick Seybold:

"The 2009 holiday season got off to an amazing start for PlayStation, with all key retailers showing a significant increase for PS3, PSP and key holiday titles over Black Friday and the holiday weekend.

PlayStation 3 demand was at an all time high with the system selling more than 440,000 units for the week ending 11/29/09."

Sony Sells 440,000 PS3 Slim Systems During Thanksgiving Week

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Holly crap

Nearly a have million?!Thats reall great. For me this is another proof of that the success of a console depends on the price and quality not on being able to boot hb or anything else.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    WoW, that is some number. PS3 is certainly picking up. I hope it keeps running the show coz we need more players online.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That just proves the only reason why PS3 sales were low was because of the price. but the slim makes up for that and this weeks shown exactly how much sony and playstation are still very very strong competitors and are not falling behind at all!

Everything is relative. I still think it won't match the ps2 in sales performance and longevity but its still a good showing by sony. We of course dont see what the 360 or wii sold during the same period.

Sure we can see to end of Week with weekly sales.Im really horny about this week and the sales

And about the PS2 could be but let us see first how long this gen really will be active.

Maybe its over with next year?!

Also im interested in if the x360 sales go up after releasing the new hack or not.

How complicated are the hacks? The 360 has been hacked forever and plagued with defects... its screwed as far as I'm concerned.

I answered you on your np. Want to keep this thread on topic

Well I think its because it is able to play blu-ray, and that it looks awesome in any livingroom, so more grown-ups buy it, because it doesn't wreck their livingrooms.

Thumbs Up

Yeah, slim and sexy works!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News