Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this is just a thought for users who have 1 system in the u.s. and have been banned... Until a solution is found you can always give the system to SCEA for repair and select the option to have a refurb system given to you (same model #) just wipe your hdd and put in ofw and you should get a new system for a 1/3 of the price you'd pay for something new/used at some retailer...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony disgusts me more and more each day. And it seems like the legal system won't protect consumers anymore. I'm 100% convinced now that Sony is pure evil.

Important Access to the PlayStationŽNetwork Services Notice
    Date : 2011-02-17
    Notice: Unauthorized circumvention devices for the PlayStationŽ3 system have been recently released by hackers. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software. Use of such devices or software violates the terms of the “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStationŽ3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStationŽNetwork and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. Violation of the System Software Licence Agreement for the PlayStationŽ3 System invalidates the consumer guarantee for that system.

In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws. Consumers using circumvention devices or running unauthorized or pirated software will have access to the PlayStationŽNetwork services through PlayStationŽ3 system terminated permanently. To avoid this, consumers must immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStationŽ3 systems.
    Link: [Register or Login to view links]

I used to think Wal-Mart was the most evil, greedy corporation wanting to take over the world, but now Sony has clearly won this title. Wal-Mart would never be as evil and devious as this company has openly showed itself to be. I'll never buy a Sony product of any kind again.

I'm sorry and I'll put my hands up, I was wrong and I feel a real hypocrite, defending Sony on a lot of thing, now after reading this and the other thread here and places I have only also just stumbling across since I have had my PS3's 4 months now, and make me think apart from some of or at least 1 of the reasons Sony really removed otheros was because they knew, Ethical Hackers like the guy who posted about their security issues, would leak what Sony was also monitoring from their hardware, not just the ps3, all hardware. Well I for one will not be agreeing to that.

This has now given the me the reason to stop my 3, PS3's ever going on psn now, and I did buy things for the kids online, so I also no longer care if they get band, saves me blocking them my end , all the kids games will still play, and mine,so I'll just get the PC to get the updates.

I wouldn't even be worried about your credit card info being sent so insecurely when there's stipulations like this that say they can just take $$ at will even if the amount isn't what your purchase was.. figure that one out, first store I've ever seen set up like that. Sony's just in its own little world.

-If you do not have sufficient funds in your wallet to make a purchase and you have previously entered your credit card information, we may automatically charge your credit card a minimum amount determined by SCEA ("Minimum Fee") to make the purchase, even if the Minimum Fee exceeds the cost of your purchase. Any difference between the Minimum Fee and the cost of the purchase will be credited to your wallet. Additional procedures apply to subscription purchases. Please read Section 10 ("SUBSCRIPTIONS") of this Agreement for details. Purchases of access to content or services are not refundable.

+If you do not have sufficient funds in your wallet to make a purchase and you have previously entered your credit card information, we may automatically charge your credit card a minimum amount determined by SCEA ("Minimum Fee") to make the purchase, even if the Minimum Fee exceeds the cost of your purchase. Any difference between the Minimum Fee and the cost of the purchase will be credited to your wallet.

Wow, this is a new low for even Sony. I thought Microsoft was greedy, but seeing how their new ToS is practically wanting to screw you in every way possible, pathetic way of dealing with the issue.

So much for consumer protection!! Your bases belong to $ONY!! Too bad we don't have the resources to rally everyone in the world to bring them to a world class-action suit. Can we send the execs to GITMO?? Bunch of frickin TERRORISTS!!

In the UK, it can be in bits with no drive, the guy that picks it up, just passes you the new one Say's sign here, and runs off. Funny but true, lots of people smash it up over here and send them back, knowing if it don't work for them, then some other pore sod's not getting it revamped, with maybe the same problems, come on you lot in the UK tell the truth you know you do it, and say the kids did it.

Never send your hard drive. you don't have to, I never have just 130 quid.

well i think here you do have to have the stock drive to get a new refurb model...

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News