Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Rolls Out New PSN Terms of Service for PlayStation Plus

Sponsored Links
    A few months back Sony updated their PSN TOS/User Agreement presumably due to the PS3 OtherOS removal, and today TheSixthAxis.com (linked above) spotted another update that pertains to the upcoming PlayStation Plus service which arrives next week.

When you hop online with your PlayStation 3 or PSP console next, the PSN Terms of Service update you will be asked to agree to states Type 2 content (outlined below) may be unavailable if you don't renew your subscription immediately at the end of each period.

Essentially this means your PSN and PS1 games, PS3 and PSP Minis and PlayStation 3 downloadable content may become inaccessible if you don't keep your subscription current.

To quote: "There are two types of Subscriber based downloadable content, split neatly into those that you can re-download after your subscription ends and those that you can't.

Type 1: Premium Avatars and Themes, which, so long as you download when originally available you can re-download after you end your subscription.

Type 2: PSN games, PS1 games, Minis and "Premium Game Elements" which we assume is a fancy word for DLC. This, as you'd expect, will no longer be accessible for use after your subscription period expires, even if you downloaded it before expiry.

The PS3 will turn on automatically every 2 days to check for system software, game patches and game demos. Firmware updates won't be applied until you've accepted the terms."

Sony Rolls Out New PSN Terms of Service for PlayStation Plus

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What if I don't want my PS3 turning on by itself every two days? I have 2 PS3's. One almost never gets used, so why would I want it to turn on by itself?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I suppose (although inconvenient) one could always turn off the switch on the back of the PS3 console or unplug it... At least any PS3 hacks or holes found will work for at least 2 days between automatic updates though, eh?

Apparently there will be an option for this in settings, so you can easily turn it off or on.

Exclamation

WTF?!!! (Pardon my language) What are these guys at $ony thinking?? It reminds me of that cartoon show "Pinky and the Brain" ... Even PS3 users who couldn't give a rats behind about hacking or piracy or even the OtherOS must get pissed off right now!

Quote Originally Posted by superste2201 View Post
    Apparently there will be an option for this in settings, so you can easily turn it off or on.
    i hope so because this is a horrible service!

i don't want my PS3 turning it self on and wasting my downloads and bandwidth.

yeh im startin to get jacked off with this crap, its gettin confusin, stupid and unfair but hey its $$$ONY so they can do what they like as long as they give a new TOS to accept you thinking im gonna read all this? just press accept I do, but to be quite honest I should call my lawyer first!!

No problem, once I finish playing those PS1 games, PSN games, demos and DLC I won't want them anymore. They can do whatever they want with them. No problem at all.

Well that is a big F U to those who have PS3's and no internet access. Your DLC expires, find somebody to renew your "subscription" or don't use our service anymore, those are my new demands.

What I'm wondering is, is this going to be like some other DRM we've seen in the PC world where you have have to be connected to the internet in order to even use the content.

We all know what happnened a while back with the leap year bug, many people (including myself) couldn't use hardly anything on the PS3 until it sorted itself out.

For people without "always on" internet, I wonder if this will come into play?...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News