Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Reveals Official Wireless Stereo Headset is Coming for PS3

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony's Hardware Product Marketing Manager Anand Agarwal has revealed that an official Wireless Stereo Headset is coming for the PS3 entertainment system.

According to their [Register or Login to view links], surround sound on the PS3 requires system software version 3.70 or later and surround sound does not work with Blu-ray Disc movies.

To quote: Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of the enemy approaching your bunker. Only you've heard them way before they've even seen you and now your commandos are ready to unload.

What's your advantage? It's simple - the official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset - the latest addition to the PlayStation 3 accessories family.

The official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset will be available for $99.99 (MSRP) at retailers nationwide this September. Many more of your favorite franchises, such as [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links], were also designed for surround sound audio.

Featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, the Wireless Stereo Headset lets you hear all the minor in-game audio clues clearly, whether you are in a firefight in a first-person shooter game or racing for the checkered flag.

Designed with comfort in mind for hours of gameplay, it's the perfect addition to your PlayStation experience. Connecting the Wireless Stereo Headset with PS3 is made easy with the included USB Wireless Adapter.

Precise volume controls and accessible microphone mute make it so you never have to interrupt gameplay to fumble for buttons. You can easily stay informed about battery status, sound controls, etc. with on-screen headset status updates.

On top of that, the Wireless Stereo Headset also offers the highest quality voice chat for crystal clear online conversations. The mic is retractable so you can put it away if you just want to listen to music or play a single player game.

We're very excited to be able to offer you yet another new way to get immersed in the game. Be sure to keep checking the Blog for more information soon.

Sony Reveals Official Wireless Stereo Headset is Coming for PS3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Haha for GT5 lol. Most already use Logitech Wireless HeadsetF540.

Expensive but good.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    no thanks sony, i just got some turtle beach ear force px5s

Yeah, not bad but would seem like a waste of money that I could use on something else.

That was a nice gift for all PSN-Users and not 1 month PShtN+

What a horrible design!!!

Anyway why should i pay a lot of money for that when i could link any kind of headset direcly to tv?

still using a usb dongle for wireless audio? how lame. you would think that a technology giant like sony would at least use a modified bluetooth protocol since they have complete access to the ps3's inner workings. i can understand third parties using usb dongles because that's the only access they have to the machine.

I cannot use my current Bluetooth Plantronics wireless headphones with the PS3, they will pair but I do not get game audio. Fix this problem first Sony thanks.

because the built in bluetooth won't have anywhere near the sort of throughput those would need (7.1 audio, mic, API info etc). I quite like the headphones but not really for the PS3 though. If a windows driver surfaces I might get a pair for my PC but given I'm in the UK I'm sure they'll be at least 100 by the time they make it over here and I'm not spending that kind of cash on some headphones lol

Yep - built in BT chip will not be able to deal with multichannel audio ... Also - why purchase a "dedicated" PS3 only headset if you can ratehr get one working with PS3 / Xbox / PC ... ? As said above - no PC drivers - no deal.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News