Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony Reveals Initial 3D PS3 Games and Free 3D Patches via PSN

Yesterday OPM confirmed that the much-anticipated 3D PS3 Firmware update is set for a June 2010 release, and today Sony has listed the initial 3D PlayStation 3 games along with confirming free 3D update patches will be available from PSN.

To quote via http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/playstation3/playstation3-news/4872-sony-begin-promoting-3d-gaming--initial-3d-titles-revealed: "3D gaming is about to get real. To enable true 3D gameplay on the new BRAVIA 3D TVs, we are releasing a free of charge 3D firmware upgrade for the PlayStation 3.

At the same time, a number of exciting new 3D games will be released including WipEout HD, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, SuperStardust HD and PAIN.

And if you already own these games, you'll be able to upgrade to the 3D version absolutely free, simply by downloading a patch from the PlayStation Network."

Sony Reveals Initial 3D PS3 Games and Free 3D Patches via PSN

More PlayStation 3 News...

Question

But... do you need to own a 3d tv to accomplish 3d effects or can it be produced also in a normal Hd tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Okiri View Post
    But... do you need to own a 3d tv to accomplish 3d effects or can it be produced also in a normal Hd tv?
    Yes, you need a 3D enabled TV to get 3D output.

Thumbs Up

the best tv to get would be one of the 3d samsung range.. they have a button that turns standard tv to 3d, but i don't no if it will be as good an output to the 3d of the ps3 games. does anyone know?

I'll wait until those goofy glasses are not needed anymore. This should be around this time next year.

Those Goofy glasses will always be need. Till Japan comes out with the Holo projecters they are touting for the 2022 world games.. Obviously the tech in TV size will be out much earlier. TBS.. what is this thing about
    "we are releasing a free of charge 3D firmware upgrade for the PlayStation 3."
    Sony and their goodness of heart BS.. patches have always been free.. Try charging for it and see how many upgrade.

"we are releasing a free of charge 3D firmware upgrade for the PlayStation 3."
    Agreed, let's see $ony charge for a mandatory update that removes features (I assume this update still removes Linux).

Quote Originally Posted by jabberosx View Post
    Those Goofy glasses will always be need. Till Japan comes out with the Holo projecters they are touting for the 2022 world games.. Obviously the tech in TV size will be out much earlier. TBS.. what is this thing about .. Sony and their goodness of heart BS.. patches have always been free.. Try charging for it and see how many upgrade
    Those goofy glasses won't always be needed... Philips already have a working solution that doesn't need glasses.

I refuse to buy a new tv and need the glasses if I can do it on my tv with the glasses I'll get the glasses but I will not buy a new tv for 3d unless I do not need to wear the glasses. And on a side note 200 dollars for a pair of 3d glasses is ridiculous.

AW man i totally wish i had a 360 instead of a ps3 i mean why would i want 3d gaming with blu-ray,internet, a sick graphics card, a fast processor and awesome exclusive games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast