Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ModderFokker View Post
    Those goofy glasses won't always be needed... Philips already have a working solution that doesn't need glasses
    We remember 3DS announcement, Nintendo is working on it too

I've dig some other interesting info. Apparantly, if you buy Bravia 3D TV, you'll get four 3D-ready PS3 games for free: WipEout HD, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, PAIN, and Super Stardust HD.

But, oh, the glasses are 100 GBP, too expensive, if you ask me

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    We remember 3DS announcement, Nintendo is working on it too

I've dig some other interesting info. Apparantly, if you buy Bravia 3D TV, you'll get four 3D-ready PS3 games for free: WipEout HD, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, PAIN, and Super Stardust HD.

But, oh, the glasses are 100 GBP, too expensive, if you ask me
    Hey good stuff, yea they are expensive however if you buy Sony's 3D tv then you get from what I've heard 2 free glasses, but yes they are extremely expensive and the glasses are not universal so it is right now a huge money scheme.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What kind of 3d is it? Stereographic or anagliphic?

Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    What kind of 3d is it? Stereographic or anagliphic?
    Luckily for all of us, its not anaglyphic - hate those red/blue glasses, terrible they are. Depending on the technology, either by using polarized lenses, or shutter based glasses it will be accomplished (the 3d) - really depends on the TV manufacturer.

Ok, so the 3d is coming from the TV and not from the PS3? If this is so why the need for the 3d update wouldn't everything displayed on a TV that displays in 3d be in 3d?

Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    Ok, so the 3d is coming from the TV and not from the PS3? If this is so why the need for the 3d update wouldn't everything displayed on a TV that displays in 3d be in 3d?
    Well the PS3 needs to pass a proper "3d" signal to the TV, which is either side by side or top and bottom (one half for each eye which is the easiest, though you loose resolution). There is also the checkerboard format, interleaved format, and quite a few others. The attached image that I found may help explain it better.

But, once the TV gets the signal, it will be able to interpret it properly, and signal the glasses for what image goes to which eye.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

3d.jpg  

Ok, so the ps3 needs to send the signal to the tv so it can tell the glasses how the signal is to match the tv with the glasses.

Early adopters USUALLY get screwed really hard so stay away for a while. Don't pay for something that might not even have all the features from the start. Remember almost any device in the past 10 years and youll know what I mean. Right now it comes to mind those huge HDTV sets that only had component in, no hdmi no nothing, and before those they werent even HD just the big size screen dang.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News