Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    I don't get why $ony would charge for the autopatching:

1) The fact that games need patching at all is a failure of Sony (as the licenser) and the developer to deliver a finished and bug free product. Games on the PS2 and prior didn't need updates, and now they think they can charge you to make you not wait for updates that shouldn't exist, on a system that already makes you wait hours for games to "install"?
    is that a fact? I'm quite sure most of say Littlebigplanets were DLC related =P

120$ a year, isn't that more then xbox?

There is no way this can be true, i mean they are gonna make us pay for cross-game chat there would be major backlash for such a proposal and then the price is way to steep i could see a set price for a full year not a month-to-month plan.. that is crazy.

Yes it is a good idea because this is optional, but not required and those who do not like to buy a movie etc for sony that will not add to their profits.

As long as I don't have to pay to play, i really don't care..

Dude what a bunch of total BS!!! They are going to make me pay for a cloud service and a cross game chat. Stuff like that and more are free on Steam.

And bandwidth is bandwidth whether its being used via a PC or PS3. If steam can give us this and more for free then so can you Sony.... I'm not paying for a service that isn't even going to cost you anything. Its like charging me a month for air, screw that.

Quote Originally Posted by skotosa View Post
    Dude what a bunch of total BS!!! They are going to make me pay for a cloud service and a cross game chat. Stuff like that and more are free on Steam.

And bandwidth is bandwidth whether its being used via a PC or PS3. If steam can give us this and more for free then so can you Sony.... I'm not paying for a service that isn't even going to cost you anything. Its like charging me a month for air, screw that.
    ...then don't.. it's OPTIONAL, just be grateful you dont have to pay for everything *cough* Xbox Live *cough*

and its not free to host servers, pay for more people, more maintenance work etc.
    Last edited by livpool; 05-29-2010 at 06:04 AM

Exclamation

$10 a month.. they could atleast offer some better services, like more friends on friends list etc also they should bring back different OS's. They could also make a deal with SKY tv like xbox have, I think that would be good and would actuallly make people want to pay this price.

Instead of Sky (because MS now have a contract with them) they should try... Virgin Media?

$10 is pretty high considering the low amount of *things* you get.

10 dollars a month may not be bad for the premium gaming service, usualy sony is pretty good at sweetening the deal (look at Qore they are constantly giving away psn games/early demos/ beta keys)...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner54 View Post
    $10 is pretty high considering the low amount of *things* you get.
    After reading through this thread ive heard this sentiment a lot but you got to remember "IF" Sony is going to announce a "premium" content service at E3 why would they leak all of the details and get rid of the shock and awe... i guess my point is all that we hear on this subject is speculation for the moment...

Now "IF" sony dose announce this "Premium Service" then i hope that it will come with a nice feature like inproved cross game clan support/the ability to host private clan servers for current games... (i've played CS for too long im useto playing on private servers with friends and clans)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast