Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its becoming just like Xbox Live.
    Premium = Gold
    Free = Silver.

I'm not interested in paying for something that should be free. No wonder they haven't added any new good features to the PS3 and PSP lately. They are making us all wait and make us pay for them.

$ony are really starting to suck.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    lets see what the premium service brings and what the actual price is. Why all the hate on something we dont know anything about? Lets give them a chance and if the price or features are not worth it they will sink on their own without us having this hate-chat.
    I am a firm believer in history repeating its self...

take a page from Qore/First Play, qore usually has a commercial of some sort though you pay for it... qore usually has 3 - 4 games, and rarely adds new details, and in such events that it does their on the internet within moments (the AC 2 one was posted before i finished downloading), the free items are far and few worth while... as time progressed sony wasted many chances to make qore better (dynamic theme at the launch of dynamic themes, same with avatar's but qore was never a free item program either i guess =\) which as time progressed i noticed the quality droped too

Dynamic themes are another example, we heard so much about them prior to release, and when they came out there was 3? in japan, 4 in the US and zero in europe, and even now theres less than 30 combined, many of which had normal themes featured in qore only to have a better theme for sale later on...

avatar's is another good example, I recall them mentioning them around 3.0 and we didnt get them till far later, and even now we so few, and its not really a value or anything, and it almost feels like sony just doesnt care.

Odds are this service will add on fluff features, and have cross game chat... sony will assume we all wouldnt shut up about cross game chat so we will buy it (though the % that uses headsets is low =P) from there it wont sell, it wont get support (many places give free xbl cards for various things so its not like they even pay for the full year in some cases) then in the end sony will either drop adding to it, and accept whatever cash they get from the people who think its worth while... or they will pull another OtherOS which was also "Not gonna be removed thats a Lie" and we will have a more expensive xbox model which will piss off just about everyone myself included.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Down

Sponsored Links
    I agree.. less upgrades for free users from now on, "nothing will change for free psn" yeah that is actually spot on.. nothing will change unless you pay.

If the Premium PSN+ is going to be $9.99 a month this better be the most impressive online service I've ever experienced. Having an Xbox Live Gold account for $49.99 a year is one thing, but having a Premium PSN+ account for $120.00 a year is definately another. For that price I'm waiting to see ALL of what Sony has to offer for such a price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    Its becoming just like Xbox Live.
    Premium = Gold
    Free = Silver.

I'm not interested in paying for something that should be free. No wonder they haven't added any new good features to the PS3 and PSP lately. They are making us all wait and make us pay for them.

$ony are really starting to suck.
    No, not at all.

Silver lets you only play online ALONE. (AKA Offline? )
    Free PSN lets you do everything Gold does.

Premium just adds yet unknown opportunities to the Free PSN. (A free game every month, you can pick out 1 from 3) And now this 'autopatch' opportunity.. But thats the only thing we know yet.

And you're not pushed to pay to play online.

Exclamation

9.99 a month?? no way!!! it's to hack this machine!! it's enough!!!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by adr990 View Post
    No, not at all.

Silver lets you only play online ALONE. (AKA Offline? )
    Free PSN lets you do everything Gold does.

Premium just adds yet unknown opportunities to the Free PSN. (A free game every month, you can pick out 1 from 3) And now this 'autopatch' opportunity.. But thats the only thing we know yet.

And you're not pushed to pay to play online.
    It will eventually become just like Xbox Live. $ony have already lied about "we will never remove OtherOS" so what says they will not lie about this?

IF the PSN+ Premium gets going then in a year or two we will have to pay to play online. I say boycott anything that is suppose to be free. That way they will drop it and it will stay free. IF everyone pays for it then thats the way it will become.

I guess when they mentioned a survey a few months ago, it was to see what the top request were and add those to the premium membership.

I'm sure cross-chat was the top of the list so of course they're going to charge for that. I'm happy with the free service, but if they offer dedicated servers for certain games now that would be great.

I don't get why $ony would charge for the autopatching:

1) The fact that games need patching at all is a failure of Sony (as the licenser) and the developer to deliver a finished and bug free product. Games on the PS2 and prior didn't need updates, and now they think they can charge you to make you not wait for updates that shouldn't exist, on a system that already makes you wait hours for games to "install"?

2) Autopatching gives $ony enormous power to squash mods. If a save game exploit was found for example, $ony could update every PS3 with a patch to disable it, without waiting for someone to play the game while connected to PSN. Why would they only want that power over a subset of their PSN userbase?

PS2 games, along with other systems, do need update patches, they just didnt support it, and what bugs you got, you were stuck with, and millions exploited it. You still get the ability to update games, but what this service does is keeps your entire game library up to date, without you having to worry about it.

Save game exploits are used mostly for cheaters and pirates, those of us who actually buy games do not care about either case, so the exploiting is fine.

Now for the 1% homebrew community, they will find a way to use the exploits, and give instructions on how to use it.

Also you do know that game updates are not burned to the firmware, just disconnect from PSN and delete all game content, or swap a hdd.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News