Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

3.15 Forever! Sony's most stable and full-featured (no b/c) firmware ever created! And, tbh, i'm still hoping for a CFW or whatever.

BTW, i recommend all people to get an infectus, a good way to downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    YOU sir should read a little better. Its NOT about a brick at all! The thing i am mentioning is something much sophisticater! We all know damn well that Sony is trying to get you to buy a new Slim. So every update a lot of Phat die.

The update was installed succesfully! And it run for like a day without any problems.

So you cannot talk about a brick here... The person below me was watching a movie, thus also no brick.
    Where in my comment did I say brick? The second line... I am talking in general about people complaining about their ps3 'breaking'. It seems like everyone complains about things that are probably a personal issue rather then sony's fault.

I am not specifically talking about the recent HDD upgrade problems, and yes I did read the article. But it seems like every site I go to constantly has these "Sony firmware ruined my life" articles.

This admittedly wasn't the best article to post my comment on. But I stand by what I said.
    Last edited by CyanCaze; 08-03-2010 at 04:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by luckluka View Post
    BTW, i recommend all people to get an infectus, a good way to downgrade.
    Sorry pal, but no more. Only the actual version of the flash can be replaced/repaired by backup with infectus.

Cool

It looks like Sony finally posted on this as well hehe: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/...e-3-41-update/
    System Software 3.41 (Update)

For those users who are replacing the PS3 hard disk drive: we are aware of the symptoms with the system software update 3.41, released on July 27, and that it will cause the update to stop in some occasions while replacing the PlayStation 3 (PS3) Hard Disk Drive (HDD) if the PS3 system is installed with version 3.41.

To resolve these symptoms, we have released a new version of system software update 3.41 with a very minor change (the version number does not change) on August 2. If you are experiencing such symptoms when replacing the HDD of your PS3 system, we kindly ask you to use the latest data and try again. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your understanding and continued support.

For any other questions, please contact your local customer service.

Sorry, not trying to doubt anyone, but is the md5 value posted on the first post correct? I just downloaded the firmware today, but the md5 value I got is:

e07d2b84c9e9691c261b73e5f1aada20

and not

00c835be718fc3d5f793e130a2b74217

I downloaded from the same link as the first post as well, http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation....7/PS3UPDAT.PUP . I even downloaded again just to make sure. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Quote Originally Posted by weii View Post
    is the md5 value posted on the first post correct? I just downloaded the firmware today, but the md5 value I got is:

e07d2b84c9e9691c261b73e5f1aada20

and not

00c835be718fc3d5f793e130a2b74217
    Nice catch, I copied them backwards. They are switched (New/Original) now so the corresponding hash matches the correct word.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Nice catch, I copied them backwards. They are switched (New/Original) now so the corresponding hash matches the correct word.
    Whew, I thought I kept downloading the problematic one because I want to perform an upgrade with slim, and even though I did not upgrade its HDD nor tried to, but I still would like to steer away from it. Thank you for fixing it boss man.

The FW update has nothing to do with getting the YLoD... The Fat PS3's just over heat too easily... My launch 60gig died 2 years after I got it before the whole YLoD issue became an internet sensation... easy solution though... just buy a Slim and upgrade the HD... it sucks not having BC now cause i still have a few classic PS2 games i like booting up from time to time.

My 60GB is still running since Release. Only changed HDD to 500 GB...

Cleaning sometimes helps.. I watch many BluRays and much games
    Last edited by iloveyou; 08-07-2010 at 11:11 AM

now someone said sony hasn't done any firmware uprading that has specifically been detramental to the fat ps3's , well, ihave to say, i think sony learned a valuable business lesson in delaying the launch of the ps3 ove the xbox360, and seeing the results from all the xbox360s that died... and the people would just go out and buy a new one... now it doesnt take someone with several eng degrees and business ones to figure out hey, if the sheep will buy a new one when there old one goes poof, we sorta just ignore small things that later on down the line can be used to cause issues.

for one thing, they know itruns hot, 2, the original bd drive which the newer firmwares and newer bd drives in the systems are more capable of handling the dataates bein demanded, though pushing the older models to those limits what happeneds, hey look, bluray doesnt work aymore, also there are neat things with flash, you can only they do have a limit to how many times... though hopefully ps3s will be outdated before they even reach that numbe, oh wait, they modify the flash in them all time even without updates , etc.

i can go on, but bottom line is, its business, they are out to make money, and believe me, your living in a fantasy game if you think all businesses play it by the book and are never do anything wrong what so ever... sony do something wrong? oh gawd know, how many lawsuits and cases have been filed against them -constanty , now, to those who undestand how business arena works, and dont live in a bubble, good for you for escaping the politics ofit all and realizing, those who havnt yet, open eyes, its a large world, and in true reality, you only need to put yourself in there place.

if you could sell a million more consoles get rid of mlmillion by suposided hadware failures htat justhappeene act of god wewill call it, or act of flashing to new firmwrea, whaever, you decide... would you not want to sell the consoles and kill off some, knowing that vast majority are going to buy a replaement cuase hey are hooked on it, most people who use them are not technophiles/hackers, they are siple games who wanna play ames, when something dies, they buy a new one.

oveheating makes me laugh, due to the sheer amount of tempature snseors in the system, and the cell processor alone as well as the protection -which can all be overriden cell isnt even runing at close to full speed on fist gens.

yes grampa, they could of run it at 5gihz but it would be raising portion fo the core tempatures up to level where it would need more cooling, or, they could simplly lower the operating speed... which is controllable -due to the fact all tiermers in system / clock generators etc are programmable, hell, , well.. thatsit for my messae of the year -ic- eexcuse the spelling, typing blindly cause i don't wish to see tis ugly world which is full of corruption.

ye ole hacke who isn't falling for it. tda'0220/AUS/HWA (rise up and stab them with your plastic forks made with child labor! in 3rd world country sweatshop, and ps. dont for get to kick em with yer knockoff shoes made in the sweatshop next door)

now that they have introduced a ic that makes interfacing to the cells flexio (XIO memory bus's to be able to hook up normal sdram, can now expand ps3 from 256megs to 80gigs of memory so much easier... damn , i'm going to need to shove it in case the size of a fridge oh hell, will us use a fridee, keep te icemaker in it and turn it into a controllable deviece so i can use my yellow button on thee overpriced bluttooth remote to dispense ice - a note, a 5:1 sata multiplexer with 5 x tb drives givs you a lot of space for videos i thnk i'll go blow up a wii to pass the time today...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast