Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If my 60GB launch PS2 Hardware based PS3 were to die, I take it I'm royally boned....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry, Sony - not cool. If you can't provide a backward-compatible PS3, then at least toss in a PS2 slim and one of those Nyko USB-hub-plus-card-reader blocks. (I've got one, works quite nicely.)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    He bought a product with certain functionality and even paid for extended support of it. I do not think they can do this and would fight for my rights.
    That is the part that irked me... if he didn't, out of good faith, buy that extended Sony Support warranty on it then I would say them offering him a 'current' 80GB PS3 would have been sufficient... but with that, they should have offered to fix or truly replace the exact item/SKU/etc the warranty was on.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If the fault is with a component specific to the original backwards compatible models (eg: the combined EE+GS or the GS-only revisions), and Sony don't have available parts, then what would people want them to do? Start a new fabrication line to manufacture them again? Redesign the board to include the current PS2-slim chipset? Create some hybrid from reclaimed parts of other similarly spec'd PS3s?

All of those seem pretty ridiculous to me. Put it this way, if you'd bought any other piece of consumer electronics with an extended warranty (whether it be a TV, a DVD player, or even something as mundane as a washing machine..) and - during an extended warranty period - it failed beyond repair, then I'm not sure anyone would expect the original manufacturer to go further than offering the current version of that hardware.

So yeah, what would the original reporter want them to do *specifically*.

This all seems perfectly acceptable to me. I don't understand what people expect Sony to do with his console...?

Sony has already said that if you send in a console and they can actually repair it that they would, but if they didn't have the parts they would have to replace it (ah-DURRRR).

I would be pissed. I paid the extra $100 for the MGS4 bundle when it came out. I was pissed the PS2 backwards compatibility didn't work on 50% of my games, but I enjoyed the memory card readers and USB ports. It was well worth the 100 dollars I spent since my PS2 is still broken.

Honestly I would probably sell my PS3 and buy a Wii, I would be that pissed if this happened. However Sony is lucky that this happens only once in awhile. I called Sony trying to fix my friends console for him and just told him my controller wouldn't connect. He was helpful and told us to do something we never tried before but it still didn't work we think the PS3 Blue tooth is shot in his console, or it doesn't constantly scan. He has a 60GB model though so he don't want to lose it.

Anyway my point is Sony better not do to me what they did to this kid, or I will have my revenge.

Any extended warranty comes with a contract. So, it is really easy to check if Sony is right or wrong. If it is written there that, if they couldnīt fix it, they would replace with the SAME kind of unit, then he should complain.

If it is not written that , I am sorry but he should read what he buys before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by lgmarques View Post
    Any extended warranty comes with a contract. So, it is really easy to check if Sony is right or wrong. If it is written there that, if they couldnīt fix it, they would replace with the SAME kind of unit, then he should complain.

If it is not written that , I am sorry but he should read what he buys before buying it.
    PS3's warranty for North America.

If the product is determined to be materially defective during the Warranty Period, your sole remedy and SCEA's sole and exclusive liability shall be limited to the repair or replacement of this product with a new or refurbished product at SCEA's option.
    NOTE: Not "extended" warranty by honestly it's probably the same thing. It's just an extended period, not a special warranty.

I just had to send in my MGS4 console and it was replaced with the same model. But I am in the U.S.

My friend bought a new PS3 maybe 2 months ago from a Future shop in Canada, and guess what, it was the 80GB model with Motorstorm (the one with backward compat).. it had been months that they didn't sell it, but we somehow got a peek to the backstore and i saw them, they had quite a lot of the old model in there, and the store clerk checked and they were authorized to sell it, they just didn't put it in the store for everyone to see...

I'm sure there are stocks of backward compatible ps3s.. maybe he should try to find one and buy one (or buy it off ebay) and they invoice that to sony!

Apart from that, I don't think that sony can do anything to help, yes, it sucks but that's how it is... if you had a launch PS2 that was broken, you'd be getting a new slim PS2 and you wouldn't complain here...

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News