Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony puts its Future in the Hands of Sackboy

Sponsored Links
    Sony is defining their future with a little-known British creation: a rag doll called Sackboy. He is the hero of LittleBigPlanet, which Sony has described as the biggest game in PlayStationís history.

It was scheduled for release this Friday, but this was pushed back after it was discovered some background music included lines from the Koran, offending some Muslims.

To quote: The simple concept was created by the British games designer Media Molecule, a small up-and-coming developer based above a bathroom shop in Guildford, Surrey, and has hit on the next big idea in gaming. This is because the product has an added twist - players can design their own level in rich detail, and share it with friends over the Internet.

Sony executives have made the game their biggest release before Christmas and have elevated Sackboy to become the companyís first poster boy - a figurehead they hope will become as familiar as the likes of Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog.

A PlayStation official said: "Weíve never really had an icon before. That was a deliberate policy of the early days because we did not want to be pigeonholed. Itís psychologically telling that this, arguably our first mascot, is fully customisable. You can make him anything you want him to be." More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Personally I can't wait for Little big planet. The beta was great, mostly enjoyed the official levels. So the full version will be nice.

I can't believe they delayed it for this. Does anyone know how many official maps will come with LBP.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Actually, two lines... I can understand Sony not wanting commercial airliners flown into their headquarters as retribution by faith-blinded zealots.

-Erich

good point omar8503 ... i read on yahoo that the delay is only going to be a week thats not bad... so thats a good think that sony did what they did....

ackmed " silence I Kill you !!"

Quote Originally Posted by omar8503 View Post
    I can't believe they delayed it for this.
    please remove that, I'm a Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Husam View Post
    please remove that, I'm a Muslim.
    I have now edited the post to change the part you took offense to. Let's try to keep things friendly here folks.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News