Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony PSN Pass Uncovered on Resistance 3 PS3 Bundle Box

Sponsored Links
    Update: Sony has now confirmed PSN Pass to [Register or Login to view links], stating the program requires customers to input a one-time use code to access a game's online capabilities similar to EA's Online Pass.

Today Darko on German site Konsolentreff.net (linked above) has shared an image uncovering Sony's PSN Pass on a Resistance 3 PS3 bundle box.

The text in the image reads as following: "PSN Pass. Network features only available in countries that have PlayStation Store."

While there is currently no official announcement on what PSN Pass is from Sony, [Register or Login to view links] reports that it may be similar to EA's Online Pass which provides online access to those who either purchase a new copy of a game or those who pay the extra ten bucks to buy their way into networked features.

To quote: "Sony has employed the practice before, selling "Online Entitlement" passes for PSP games SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 and ModNation Racers.

We don't yet know if PSN Pass is real, whether it's more than just an online access ticket or whether Resistance 3, due in early September, will be the first game to implement such a scheme."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well i'd say that's obviously what it is.. just like nfs hot pursuit, mortal kombat etc etc

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    I guess time will tell for sure, right now there is speculation that "PSN Pass" could be any of the following: gamergaia.com/home/gaming-news/33-rumours/1269-gamer-gaia-rumour-control-what-is-the-psn-pass.html
    • Online Activation
    • Restrictive Online Content
    • Season Pass (to those who purchase the game new)
    • Monthly Subscription for Online Play

Either way - Sony and some game producer are clearly aming to kill the second hand and rental game business... what a pathetic move

I like it how no one noticed that if this is true, that means there will also be a resistance 3 PS3 bundle.

If you read the title of the article, you know that there is an Resistance 3 PS3 Bundle Box. I really looking forward to this game, doesn't matter if it has an PSN pass or not. That's the way we have more than one PS3.

Banned User
    Sony will eventually come up with a system that requires people to pay in order to play online, because while they have said the PSN will always be free, I don't think they ever promised that online gaming on the PSN will always be free.

i love sony but if they do this that we have to pay for to play online then i say bye bye sony ...nothing to say more on this ...Screw SONY if you so this.

Sony Confirms PSN Pass: It looks like PSN Pass is per game, and thus works like similar services from EA and other publishers – games will come with a code you enter to unlock multiplayer modes, meaning second hand copies will require a seperate purchase to activate such features.

“We are always evaluating new programs for our online offering, and starting with Resistance 3 this September, we will be instituting a network pass program for PS3 games with online capabilities,” say Sony.

“This program will be game-specific. Games that are a part of this program will include a single-use registration code that grants the account holder redeeming the code full online access for that title. This is an important initiative as it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhancing premium online services across our first party game portfolio.”

Banned User
    Do you have a link for your source? If true this is BS, I guess playing with alt accounts on online games is no longer going to be possible unless we pay top dollar for multiple online passes. I think anon needs to teach Sony another lesson for this.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News