Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you'll get it free with each game when you buy it new (they haven't said yet but I'm pretty sure the code will activate the PS3 not the PSN user, so more than one user can go online). It's the same bs EA have been doing the last few years and mugs put up with it so this is hardly unexpected. It's aimed at getting a slice of second hand games.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That would be significantly better if it activated the entire PS3, but still is BS. What if I wanted to take the game to a friends house to show him the online portion, I guess Sony doesn't want people advertising the game to their friends. Overall pure BS they are trying to stop send-hand sales and rentals, sometimes it's the second hand sales or rentals that make people want to buy the retail copy of the game, and I am going to laugh when this idea backfires on them and they end up selling less.

Just because of this I may end up renting some of the upcoming AAA titles that I don't plan on playing the MP (like U3 for example) just to give Sony a nice big middle finger, then a few months later buy it second-hand for dirt cheap.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    From IGN: ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1180810p1.html
    SCEA responded to requests for comment this morning to clarify, saying this program requires customers to input a one-time use code to access a game's online capabilities, similar to EA's Online Pass introduced last year.

"We are always evaluating new programs for our online offering, and starting with Resistance 3 this September, we will be instituting a network pass program for PS3 games with online capabilities," the spokesperson said. "This program will be game-specific. Games that are a part of this program will include a single-use registration code that grants the account holder redeeming the code full online access for that title.

"This is an important initiative as it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhancing premium online services across our first party game portfolio."

If you don't have a code to input, say if you purchase the game used, you'll have to buy one through the Store. It's unclear how much one of these PSN Pass codes will cost, however. Sony said it will announce additional details at a later date.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News